Happy HolidaySs Giveaway - Last Sponsor Giveaway of the Year!

Come Enter the BrewDeals/FastFerment Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > Beginners Beer Brewing Forum > Adding Banana Liqueur to the Secondary?

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-28-2012, 10:37 PM   #1
Newguy3420
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Default Adding Banana Liqueur to the Secondary?

I currently have a Newcastle brown ale in primary and I'm looking to add a Banana liqueur to the secondary or at bottling. I wanted to add at bottling to taste but then I would have to account for the sugars when bottling. If I add to the secondary and let the sugars ferment out then transfer to the bottling bucket, will I still be left with the same flavor?

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-28-2012, 11:10 PM   #2
BrewBoy19
Recipes 

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts
Likes Given: 2

It won't be exactly the same but very close. Or u can add to your glass after opening the bottle. I would add to a secondary and let it mesh for a week then bottle.

Old 03-28-2012, 11:37 PM   #3
SIXFOOTER
HBT_SUPPORTER.png
Recipes 

Liked 6 Times on 4 Posts

Done this a couple times. For me it was just as easy to add it at bottling. Comes out nice and a pretty good bump in alcohol, cut the priming sugar back a bit to avoid over carbing.

==================================
Todays Brew - 5 gallons of Pumpkin Ale
In Fining; White Chocolate Port, Barrollo, Muscadine
Bottled; Octoberfest Lager, SalmonFest Lager, Big Head Red, Boca Bitch Gluetin Free, Belgian Wit, Dark Knight Sweet Stout, American Pale, Boca Brown Ale

Old 03-28-2012, 11:44 PM   #4
Newguy3420
Recipes 

How much have you added before Six Footer? I'm looking at adding an ounce per bottle based on sampling so I was thinking that it would over carb my beer if I add it at bottling. Thoughts

Old 03-28-2012, 11:51 PM   #5
SIXFOOTER
HBT_SUPPORTER.png
Recipes 

Liked 6 Times on 4 Posts

I have added 750 Malibu Bananna to 5 gallon batch and used the regular 5oz priming sugar and it was over carbed a bit. Cut the sugar back to 3 oz and it was ok, I would go with 4oz sugar for a 5 gallon batch and 750 bananna rum. Tasty

==================================
Todays Brew - 5 gallons of Pumpkin Ale
In Fining; White Chocolate Port, Barrollo, Muscadine
Bottled; Octoberfest Lager, SalmonFest Lager, Big Head Red, Boca Bitch Gluetin Free, Belgian Wit, Dark Knight Sweet Stout, American Pale, Boca Brown Ale

Old 03-28-2012, 11:58 PM   #6
Newguy3420
Recipes 

That's what i'm freaked out about. 750ml is about 25 oz. I'm looking at double so thats why I thought to wait it out and then add priming sugar as usual.

Quick Reply