New Giveaway - Wort Monster Conical Fermenter!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > Beginners Beer Brewing Forum > 2nd Brew Suggestions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-15-2008, 01:57 PM   #1
irishpride42
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Default 2nd Brew Suggestions

I know there a million threads on kit beers but here is another one. My first brew was a Cooper's light lager, which turned out good but not great (it is definitely drinkable) For my second I think I want to order one online. I looked at Austin Homebrew kits and brewers best. Which do you think I should do for my second? Also, which one could I get that I wouldn't need to add any extra extract like I did with the Cooper's?

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-15-2008, 02:14 PM   #2
Yooper
Ale's What Cures You!
HBT_ADMIN.png

Recipes 

Liked 3857 Times on 2818 Posts
Likes Given: 644

You don't need to add extract extract with either Brewer's Best or AHS kits. I have used both, and they are fine. I'd lean a bit towards AHS, though- first of all, they have super fresh kits. They crush the grain when you order, so it's not sitting around. The Brewer's Best are hit or miss, depending on how long they've been around. Also, AHS is having a sale this weekend! Saturday and Sunday- so you can save some money!

All of the AHS and Brewer's Best kits have good directions, and come with everything you need. The AHS kits have a bigger selection- you can make just about any "clone" you want- they seem to have them all.

Old 05-15-2008, 02:41 PM   #3
FishinDave07
Recipes 

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

+1 on AHS kits! There are so many to choose from and lots of people on HBT have loved the results:

http://www.homebrewtalk.com/showthread.php?t=61789&highlight=kits

Drinking: Yakima Blonde (Imperialized), Banana Wheat, Russian Imperial Stout, and anything i can get my hands on
On Deck: Watermelon Wheat, Red Panda Ale, Gluten Free Brown Ale, Mojito IPA, Smoked Pepper Stout

Quick Reply