Happy HolidaySs Giveaway - Last Sponsor Giveaway of the Year!

Come Enter the BrewDeals/FastFerment Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > Beginners Beer Brewing Forum > 2nd Batch looking good so far

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-15-2010, 05:01 AM   #1
dilbone
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Default 2nd Batch looking good so far

last month I brewed a coopers australian pale ale kit and it turned out better than I could have imagined for a $35, 51 bottle batch.

I just started another of the same kit last night. First time I used 1lb of DME and about 1/2 lb of dextrose with the can.
This time I used a full 2lbs of DME and no dextrose. Hoping to fill out the body a touch. I'm curious to see, smell, taste the differences. I thought about doing a hop addition but thought I just change one thing at a time.

I pitched a little warm(78-79) but it quickly went down to the mid to low 70's and it is bubbling away right now at around 73 degrees.

My initial gravity reading was 1.048-1.050...hard to read. I'll let it go for 2 weeks in the primary and directly to bottles after adding dextrose to the bottles themselves...this time a rounded 1/2 tsp each as the last time was only 1/2tsp per bottle and a little light on the carbination.

Amazed at what you can get from one of these kits. I'll probably have to do a straight extract recipe next time and move away from the kit just to test the waters.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-15-2010, 06:38 AM   #2
wacko
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 4 Times on 3 Posts

Sounds like you are ready. Good luck

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply