Kegconnection Complete Starter Kit and More Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > Beginners Beer Brewing Forum > 2nd Batch Completed Today

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-24-2006, 04:58 AM   #1
Blender
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 5 Times on 4 Posts

Default 2nd Batch Completed Today

I cooked up my 2nd brew this morning which was an extract kit that was of much better quality than the 1st brew. Our local shop sells organic kits so I brewed a Red Ale. I have a nice gas stove, circa 1959 and it can put out a lot of heat so boiling 4.5 gallons went very well. I was pretty happy about the whole thing. The only thing I will do better next time is cooling. I put the pot in the sink with ice and it did get the temp down to around 100 within 20 minutes but after that I ran out of ice so it took longer to reach 75. Next time I will have 2 loads of ice which should work. I tasted pretty good so It am hoping for a better result because the 1st batch tasted a bit weak. Thanks for listening

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-24-2006, 11:31 AM   #2
Passload

Recipes 

Liked 4 Times on 3 Posts

Congratulations and keep us posted.

Cheers! J.R.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlindLemonLars
Relax, and trust the yeast to do their job, it's the one thing they are really good at!

Zuckerflüsschen Brauend Firma
On Deck: Whatever I Want
Primary: Sugarcreek Amber Ale
Brite Tank:
Aging: Philr-er-up Rockwell
Drinking/Kegged: The Golden Quitty

"It's just like anything else"
"It's not rocket science"

Old 01-25-2006, 12:12 AM   #3
Buster
Recipes 

Sounds like your making good progress. We all learn and improve our technique as we brew, no matter how many brews you make there is always something to learn and improve on.

Quick Reply