Ss Brewing Technologies Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > Beginners Beer Brewing Forum > 2nd batch

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-12-2009, 07:48 PM   #1
WheatbeerPY
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Default 2nd batch

I got 1 batch of weizenbier in bottles that are 1 week into carb, and 1 batch in the fermenter. it says wait 21 days on top of the 2 week carb period. do i have to? Also can i squeeze some lemon in my bottling bucket right before i bottle it?

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-12-2009, 07:50 PM   #2
Parker36
Recipes 

Liked 22 Times on 20 Posts
Likes Given: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by WheatbeerPY View Post
I got 1 batch of weizenbier in bottles that are 1 week into carb, and 1 batch in the fermenter. it says wait 21 days on top of the 2 week carb period. do i have to? Also can i squeeze some lemon in my bottling bucket right before i bottle it?
You don't have to wait - wheat beers are actually one of those styles that get good very quickly and will start to deteriorate with age. I would not squeeze lemon juice into it, the acidity of it make me nervous. You can look into lemon or citrus extracts, though

Old 01-12-2009, 07:52 PM   #3
Pharmguy
Recipes 

As a rule, 3 weeks of bottle conditioning is minimum. After that it depends on the type of beer. I read that the weizenbeers are some of the fastest beers to bottle condition.

Old 01-12-2009, 08:08 PM   #4
ifishsum
Recipes 

Liked 7 Times on 7 Posts

You're better off to squeeze a fresh lemon slice into the glass at serving time, the lemon juice taste does not seem to age well. I haven't tried it with beer, but I did try adding lemon juice to a pitcher of iced tea once and by the next day it didn't taste right.

Primary 2: Edwort's Robust Porter
Secondary 1: LW Pale Ale
Secondary 1: Blackened Soul RIS
Kegged: Dead Guy Ale
Kegged: Rye Pale Ale
Kegged: Haus Pale Ale
Kegged: Nut Brown Ale
Kegged: Afrikan Amber
Kegged: Jock Scott Ale
Kegged: Afrikan Amber

Old 01-13-2009, 12:12 AM   #5
jacketsfans
Recipes 

I'm not a wheat beer guy at all, but the question about adding the lemon juice is an interesting one. Could one possibly add lemon zest (scrape the outside of a lemon peel) into the wort at some point?

Quick Reply