24 hours since pitching yeast...

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TRIPLEMSU

Reaction score
and still nothing...i am making the innkeeper from NB...should i be worried???

it was wyeast 1214...temp is about 62 degrees...is that to low? and is the yeast dormat?

That yeast temperature range is 68-78F... Try getting it someplace closer to at least 68F and see what happens. Also, is the temperature you posted the ambient or from the fermometer on the fermenter?

Remember, yeast can take up to 72 hours before you SEE any evidence of fermentation. In other words, 24 hours is far too early to panic.

Having a lower temp, from what I understand, can cause the yeast to get to a slower start. But like it says, it can take up to 72 hours to see anything. Drink a beer, let it ride. :)

I kinda freaked out too when it had been probably 18 hours and NOTHING was happening. My first beer (IPA Kit) took maybe 10 hours but this dark ale took approx. 26-28 from what I understand now is not all that long.

You should get the temp up. 1214 can be a little slow to start so you should be fine if you can get temp up. Once it takes off watch that the temp does not get out of control. It can warm up fast.

Back