New Giveaway - Wort Monster Conical Fermenter!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > Beginners Beer Brewing Forum > 2 gallons of beer??

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-30-2009, 11:39 PM   #1
Stonedog
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Default 2 gallons of beer??

So....if i wanted to make two gallons of beer....but did not want to use the Mr. Beer extract...what would I need to do?

I cannot afford a 5 gal carboy and I have a 3 already......

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-30-2009, 11:41 PM   #2
flyangler18
Recipes 

Liked 25 Times on 25 Posts
Likes Given: 5

It's quite easy to scale a recipe down to 2 gallons of packaged beer - do you have one in mind?

Old 08-30-2009, 11:46 PM   #3
Revvy
Post Hoc Ergo Propter Hoc
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 2660 Times on 1605 Posts
Likes Given: 3451

I do a lot of 2.5 gallon batches of experimental beers, or do so when I want to test a new recipe. I recommend 2.5 gallons because that is exactly 1 case of beer, and is exactly one half of any 5 gallon recipe in a book, magazine or website...so you can take any recipe and split it in half...you can do extract, extract with grains, partial mashes, and even all grain batches that way.

I give a turtorial on doing small all grain batches using an unmodified 2-gallon cooler inthe mr. beer thread..

http://www.homebrewtalk.com/738927-post659.html

http://www.homebrewtalk.com/739377-post660.html

If you don't know the different methodologies used to brew beer I suggest you read How to Brew - By John Palmer - Introduction

Like my snazzy new avatar? Get Sons of Zymurgy swag, here, and brew with the best.

Revvy's one of the cool reverends. He has a Harley and a t-shirt that says on the back "If you can read this, the bitch was Raptured. - Madman

I gotta tell ya, just between us girls, that Revvy is HOT. Very tall, gorgeous grey hair and a terrific smile. He's very good looking in person, with a charismatic personality... he drives like a ****ing maniac! - YooperBrew

Old 08-30-2009, 11:46 PM   #4
Stonedog
Recipes 

Well....I LOVE beer (duh right?) and I really want a porter for this fall/winter.....any recommendations?

Old 08-30-2009, 11:52 PM   #5
iamopie2
Recipes 

all beer recipes are easily scaled so if you wanted to make a 10 gallon batch you just double everything ona 5 gallon recipe. So you can use that to scale down to .2 gallons if you wanted, not that you would

Quick Reply