Get your HBT Growlers, Shirts and Membership before the Rush!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > Beginners Beer Brewing Forum > 1st homebrew

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-01-2012, 02:46 AM   #1
miggs3030
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts

Default 1st homebrew

I just tried my first homebrew, a chocolate java stout. And I must say for a first time I surprised myself, I studied for about 3 weeks on the subject and the almost final product shows I bottled this tuesday. I wanted to see if it was carbing and also to taste a green beer. As of right now IMO it taste like a guiness with less milk sugar. ABV is about 6.4/6.7

Old 10-01-2012, 03:24 AM   #2
DrummerBoySeth
Recipes 

Liked 40 Times on 38 Posts
Likes Given: 49

Congratulations! Sounds like you are well on your way to being a full blown member of the brewing obsession. Very nice choice for your first brew, by the way!

"Give a man a beer, and he will waste an hour. Teach a man to brew, and he will waste a lifetime!" Bill Owen

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-01-2012, 05:11 AM   #3
miggs3030
Recipes 

Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts

That's my fav so decided to start with that. Up next my buddy and I are gonna brew a holiday beer so its ready for christmas prob a belgian strong ale. Iam hooked on brewing I like coming up with new recipies on beersmith, that's what I used for my Choco/java stout. Its fun letting the creative juices flow and come up with beers that have a theme or a certain food iam trying to recreate in to beer. The holiday ale iam working on is based off a local holiday cookie here in New Mexico called a biscochito its similar to a sniker doodle in other parts of the country but with anise seed and brandy or rum then the cookies are dusted with cinimmon and sugar. Iam thinking about useing the mexican brown cone surgar can't remeber its name but it has vanilla and rum flavors so that would take care of the rum flavor never heared of any beers like this so that's why I love homebrewing, I can make beers to my liking not just play that old game of ooh never heard of that beer let's try it then being really disappointed.

Quick Reply

Newest Threads

LATEST SPONSOR DEALS