Kegconnection Complete Starter Kit and More Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > Beginners Beer Brewing Forum > 1st Brew and worried about fermenter temp

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-06-2012, 07:24 PM   #1
helg56
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Default 1st Brew and worried about fermenter temp

I have my first beer in the fermenter and everything was going great, it has a good layer of that white/browny foam on top, the air lock was bubbling good for a good 3-4 days, but now it is dead it seems. I started reading up on fermenting temperatures, and I then looked at the temperature of my fermenter and it was 80 degrees! This nasty heat wave here in the mid-west has warmed up my apartment basement storage area by about 15 degrees! Is it too late to cool it down? Is it ruined already? What happens if it ferments too warm? (Sorry for so many questions).

I was going to try and cool it down by putting a wet towel on it, i would use a fan, but there are no outlets in my storage area .

I made the wort and put it in the fermenter on Monday night (7/2).
This is the beer I am making: http://www.northernbrewer.com/shop/cream-ale-extract-kit.html

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply