Ss Brewing Technologies Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > Beginners Beer Brewing Forum > 1st brew - a few minor problems but think all is well

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-09-2009, 11:54 PM   #1
phatuna
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 5 Times on 5 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Default 1st brew - a few minor problems but think all is well

Hi everyone, thanks for all of the great posts, got me to where I am, which is my brew kit received, north face nut brown in the fermentor, and a couple of errors getting to this point.
I think my biggest error was cooling my wort in my sink filled w/ ice cubes, pouring the wort into my fermentor, then adding ice cold water to get to 5 gallons which promptly cooled my wort down to 60 degrees - pre-yeast pitch.
Wasn't sure what to do as I was feeling a bit of panic, so I added my dry yeast pack, stirred, took a test sample, affixed lid, affixed stopper full of easy clean no rinse solution which leaked an ounce or two of solution into my fermentor and crossed my fingers

After 24 hours, my stopper is slowly bubbling, about 1 per minute... we'll see what happens.

The best part about it, my wife and I had a blast drinking beers and attempting our first homebrew.

any feedback is much appreciated -

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-09-2009, 11:58 PM   #2
reim0027
Recipes 

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

I made a few mistakes on my fist batch (and subsequent batches too). They turned out great. Looks like yours will too.

Old 03-10-2009, 12:03 AM   #3
woollybugger2
Recipes 

Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Not to worry, better a little too cool, than a little to hot! Don't sweat the No-rinse either...

RDWHAHB!

Quick Reply