The Great Bottle Opener Giveaway

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > Beginners Beer Brewing Forum > 1-Gallon Brewers UNITE!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-02-2012, 02:12 AM   #521
menerdari
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 42 Times on 39 Posts
Likes Given: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by UnderThePorchBrewing View Post
http://www.smallbatchhomebrew.com/Be...Kits_c_13.html

great kit can brew 1 to 1.5 gallons
have the hop zombie ingredient kit going right now
making a negro modelo clone this weekend and then a dead ringer kit from NB next week. I usually try to do 1.25 gallons so I at least get a 12 pack
seems to work well for me
Nice link, just what I was looking for, a nice selection of 1 gallon recipe kits and reasonable shipping cost too. Thanks.
Old 11-02-2012, 02:12 AM   #522
GatorBru
Recipes 

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts
Likes Given: 4

Big fan of 2.5 gallon batches. The 3gal better bottles are my fermenter of choice. Square shape is convenient too.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-02-2012, 02:15 AM   #523
Yesfan
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 53 Times on 47 Posts
Likes Given: 197

Quote:
Originally Posted by UnderThePorchBrewing View Post
http://www.smallbatchhomebrew.com/Be...Kits_c_13.html

great kit can brew 1 to 1.5 gallons. can also just get the fermentor and bottling bucket separate
have the hop zombie ingredient kit going right now
making a negro modelo clone from clone brews scaled down this weekend and then a dead ringer kit from NB next week. I usually try to do 1.25 gallons so I at least get a 12 pack
seems to work well for me

asked for their "4 pack of brews" for Christmas

Do you mind posting a link to the Negro Modelo clone or the scaled down recipe here?

Is the clone pretty close to the original? Negro is one of my favorite Mexi-beers if not my favorite.
Bottled: Dead Ringer IPA, Keeler's Reverse Burster Altbier, Edwort's Apfelwein (1G), cranberry/raspberry "wein" (1G), Joe's Ancient Orange Mead (2G), Petite Saison d'Ete, St Paddy's Irish Stout, Rum Runner Stout (1G), La Petite Orange, Chocolate Milk Stout
Kegged: St Paddy's Irish Stout, Chocolate Milk Stout. La Petite Orange, Dead Ringer IPA

Old 11-02-2012, 03:24 AM   #524
cheesecake
HBT_SUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 27 Times on 27 Posts
Likes Given: 2

once i get all my recipes scaled down i will try to post some if anyone is interested .

Old 11-02-2012, 10:51 AM   #525
Yuri_Rage
Gritty.
HBT_MODERATOR.png

Recipes 

Liked 598 Times on 370 Posts
Likes Given: 54

Quote:
Originally Posted by Revvy View Post
Well bully freaking good for you.....

I don't recall this thread being a "give me your opinion on 1 gallon batch thread." It's for people who ACTUALLY do it. And SUPPORT each other in doing so.

No one really gives a flying frig about your opinion on the matter. ....Who really cares how you "see" it. We don't even know who the **** you are. Go piss in your own sandbox.

I issued a temporary ban to Revvy for the above comments. While MrGrumpy's post wasn't exactly supportive or positive, and the conversation didn't necessarily benefit from his opinion, it wasn't outright rude - simply a member voicing an opinion. Forums are about sharing ideas and opinions, not crushing them. Carry on...nicely.

Old 11-02-2012, 10:57 AM   #526
wmarkw
Recipes 

Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheesecake View Post
once i get all my recipes scaled down i will try to post some if anyone is interested .
Please do! Thanks.

Maya Jane Brewing Co.
Evans, GA

Primary #2 Yooper Ale w/ a hop twist
Primary #3 Lake Front IPA clone
Primary #4 Amber Ale

Bottled: Gaelic Ale Highland Brewing Co. Clone
Bottled: Terrapin Rye Pale Ale
Bottled: Fruit Looper Ale

Old 11-02-2012, 11:29 AM   #527
UnderThePorchBrewing
Recipes 

Liked 4 Times on 3 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yesfan View Post
Do you mind posting a link to the Negro Modelo clone or the scaled down recipe here?

Is the clone pretty close to the original? Negro is one of my favorite Mexi-beers if not my favorite.
Quote:
Originally Posted by cheesecake View Post
have not made it yet it is from the clone brews book.
am away today thru sunday at my daughters college parents weekend will try to type in and post it from my iphone. once home will also try to post several i scaled down as well

Old 11-02-2012, 01:47 PM   #528
jwalk4
Recipes 

Liked 30 Times on 26 Posts
Likes Given: 19

I'm seeing a lot of recipe scaling questions in the past few pages, and I know that people have already mentioned the advantages of brewing software, but seriously, having good brewing software solves so many of these problems. Maybe it would help if people would posting the software they use, a link, and maybe the cost?

I use Brewmate, its a free download, and its right here: http://www.brewmate.net/

I scale the recipes, then just round off or adjust the useless decimal places til I'm back in the OG range, and am ordering grains in a nice round number so my LHBS doesn't get exasperated.

Fermenter 1 - Centennial Pale Ale
Fermenter 2 - Nothing
Bottle conditioning - Nothing
Drinking - Oatmeal Stout

BigRock947 Likes This 
Old 11-02-2012, 02:54 PM   #529
Bootlegger_Brewery
Recipes 

I'd like to know how much liquid yeast to use in 4.25L with let's say regular OG around 1,060. Mr.malty tells me 0.5 packs of vial. That seems to be way too much seeing as I use 1 pack (either wyeast or white labs) for 23L and always had enough even at a 1,090 OG. I bought a California Ale (whitelabs) for a 1,060 OG ill be brewing sunday or monday... I'll seperate the quantity I need when its still cold (less risk of contamination..) So, how much ml should I use? I was gonna go with 1/4 of the pack wich is about 9 ml...

I brewed my first 4.25L batch 2 weeks ago... I used dried yeast (s-o5) mrmalty said 4g and it seems perfect.

I will be brewing again sunday or monday, but will be getting a 2g cooler by then. Mashing on the stove is not stable at all! I'll be posting pics in the next few weeks when I've got my low budget set-up all in place how I like it.

Old 11-02-2012, 05:05 PM   #530
BigRock947
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 21 Times on 20 Posts
Likes Given: 43

Default I use Promash

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwalk4 View Post
I'm seeing a lot of recipe scaling questions in the past few pages, and I know that people have already mentioned the advantages of brewing software, but seriously, having good brewing software solves so many of these problems. Maybe it would help if people would posting the software they use, a link, and maybe the cost?

I use Brewmate, its a free download, and its right here: http://www.brewmate.net/

I scale the recipes, then just round off or adjust the useless decimal places til I'm back in the OG range, and am ordering grains in a nice round number so my LHBS doesn't get exasperated.
I agree. A good brewing software can make life easier. I use Promash, I bought it years ago before I was aware of any other systems. It work well for what I like to do. I can scale recipes, it tells me my mash volume, strike water temps and lastly the amount of total water I will need. I mostly take notes in a brew log but I do use Promash as a tool.

Cheers,

Mark

Quick Reply