Ss Brewing Technologies Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brew Market > Sampling and Critiquing and Beer Swapping > Would like to get some experienced feedback!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-21-2010, 05:42 PM   #1
JOHN51277
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 10 Times on 5 Posts

Default Would like to get some experienced feedback!

I have been brewing now for 6 years and have hundreds of brews under my belt. I have never had any constructive feedback. They are all "I love it", "I don't like that type of beer", or "I don't care for it". I want to get someone who would sample my homebrews and give me some feedback. Preferably someone who knows what "off flavors" are what. I am willing to ship some out to someone who can help me out. Or, if there is a BJCP event I can send it to. I just have no idea where to start with this. Thanks!

On Deck: Centennial Blonde, Midnight IIPA
Primary: SMaSH Citra/2 Row, KBS Clone
Secondary: ???
Kegged:
Bottled: Gulf Oil Spill Stout, Breakfast Stout, Amarillo SMaSH, Orange Wit, RIPA Oak/Bourbon Aged, Barleywine, Apfelwein,

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-21-2010, 07:31 PM   #2
Nanobru
Recipes 

Liked 5 Times on 4 Posts

The best way is to go to a local brewery and ask the brewer there. They are always happy to help. To overcome unhelpful (as far as critiquing goes) friends, do blind taste tests with a few production beers with your home brew and score them.

Old 06-21-2010, 07:59 PM   #3
wildwest450
Recipes 

Liked 165 Times on 150 Posts
Likes Given: 4

http://www.bjcp.org/apps/comp_schedu...n_schedule.php

It's a pain in the ass to ship, but you'll get feedback.

Old 06-21-2010, 11:21 PM   #4
JOHN51277

Recipes 

Wildwest.....I was looking at some of the competitions on there earlier today. Do I have to be a member of the local club in order to submit my beers for judging? It looks like the closest one if Jacksonville, and it is only 20 bucks to join for the year, which is no prob, but It is not very clear about if you must be a club member, or not.
Anyone a judge who wants to be a guinnea pig?

Kegged:
Bottled: Gulf Oil Spill Stout, Breakfast Stout, Amarillo SMaSH, Orange Wit, RIPA Oak/Bourbon Aged, Barleywine, Apfelwein,

Old 06-21-2010, 11:32 PM   #5
Yooper
Ale's What Cures You!
HBT_ADMIN.png

Recipes 

Liked 4462 Times on 3248 Posts
Likes Given: 868

There are a few BJCP judges around here. I'd still suggest sending to a couple of competitions, though. You'd get back your scoresheets from the judges, and it's "blind" so they can be totally honest. The feedback is very helpful. Unless it's a special club only competition, all of the BJCP competitions listed are open to everyone. When I listed the HBT competition last year, I stated that you must be a member of HBT, but that it was free and easy to join and open to everyone.

If you really want someone from HBT, I'm sure there are a couple that would be willing to help you out!

Old 06-21-2010, 11:55 PM   #6
JOHN51277

Recipes 

I will look into the info on the BJCP events and see which ones are "open" to the public and ship a few different bottles to be judged and see just where I can improve, and have somewhat of a clue as to what the "off flavors" actually are.

If anyone is willing to judge a few brews, hook me a PM and I can get a few bottles headed your way.

Kegged:

Quick Reply