Ss Brewing Technologies Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brew Market > Sampling and Critiquing and Beer Swapping > Tampa Area Beers?

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-20-2012, 01:39 AM   #1
lotbfan
HBT_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 14 Times on 12 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Default Tampa Area Beers?

I have a contact from another site that wants to do some local to me (portland) trades and he lives in the Tampa area. I have almost no exposure to beers from that area, and was curious if anyone had any suggestions on what I might want to ask him to look out for to trade with me. I like very dark beers, very hoppy beers, and sours of all types.

Any suggestions would be much appreciated, I hope that this will turn in to a many times per year swap with the guy if I can find enough stuff to ask him for, so even if it is a seasonal that isn't available right now I would be interested in those suggestions as well.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-20-2012, 01:40 AM   #2
aiptasia
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 531 Times on 469 Posts
Likes Given: 162

Definitely Cigar City Beers. Also have him get some select Swamp Head beers from Gainesville.

2014: Seven Heavens Series One: Vilon, Mystic Melomel, Skeeter Pee.

Old 12-20-2012, 01:41 AM   #3
toddilgen
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Quote:
Originally Posted by lotbfan
I have a contact from another site that wants to do some local to me (portland) trades and he lives in the Tampa area. I have almost no exposure to beers from that area, and was curious if anyone had any suggestions on what I might want to ask him to look out for to trade with me. I like very dark beers, very hoppy beers, and sours of all types.

Any suggestions would be much appreciated, I hope that this will turn in to a many times per year swap with the guy if I can find enough stuff to ask him for, so even if it is a seasonal that isn't available right now I would be interested in those suggestions as well.
Cigar City Brewing

Old 12-21-2012, 12:59 PM   #4
Rob_B
HBT_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 3 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 25 Times on 24 Posts
Likes Given: 16

Cigar City-lots of special releases. Hoppy IPA's, Super rich imperial stouts, lots of high gravity stuff. Check out their website to get more info.
St Somewhere-Farmhouse style ales.
7venth Sun-small brewery doing very cool things, limited bottle releases.

Quick Reply