Electric Brewing Supply 30A BCS Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brew Market > Sampling and Critiquing and Beer Swapping > Stone Enjoy By 07/04 & RuinTen

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-19-2013, 03:07 AM   #11
MrNickVT
Feedback Score: 18 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 971 Times on 648 Posts
Likes Given: 52

Quote:
Originally Posted by m3n00b

Op was right. These beers are overrated. Even the best beer in the world doesn't deserve the type of praise these get. The way they get hyped up ruins the experience of finally getting to try one. I don't think overrated is a put down at all.
That's a joke. To call PTE over rated is laughable. PTE was the DIPA pioneer. Are there many better DIPAs out there? Sure are but respect should be given to it. Heady topper is IMO like no other beer. Again to call it overrated because so many people want it is quite pathetic. John kimmich created his own yeast strain for the beer that a ton of people want and harvest from the cans. I'm just curious how these beers get hyped up as well? People try them, people rate them and people want them. Plain and simple. I don't think I've ever heard someone who's a hophead say that either one of these beers are not good..

From high up in the Green mountains!

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-19-2013, 03:16 AM   #12
MrNickVT
Feedback Score: 18 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 971 Times on 648 Posts
Likes Given: 52

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geremiah
First of all ZamaMan,
I don't appreciate the negativity you're bringing.
I am not, in any way, asking for charity.
Stone's Enjoy By and RuinTen are great beers and I believe that both of them for one Pliny is fair. If you don't think so then keep your drunken opinions to yourself.
I understand that the beers I have for trade aren't at the same level as Pliny, but PtE is no longer available here in WA state.
I stand by my statement that what people consider the "top 3" ipa's are just that, over-rated. Nothing negative, it's just too hyped.
I've been drinking ipa's for years and years. I also was born and raised in Yakima Valley so I don't appreciate the snobbish way you came off. I may have very few post counts, but that means very little besides my probability of not being a rip-off.

ANYWAYS, if there is anyone willing to do some trades for "famous" IPA's (better?) than let me know, as I'd be happy to trade.

Thank you
Lol 2 posts per month! I hope the op gets what he wants! But I do find it funny that people want to trade for " over rated ipas" and get all butt hurt when people defend the beer. If these beers/ipas are so overrated then why are you trying to trade for them? Just so you can be just like everyone else

From high up in the Green mountains!

Old 06-19-2013, 03:30 AM   #13
TheMan
HBT_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 22 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 326 Times on 243 Posts
Likes Given: 2

The guy had everyones sympathy, even zamamans....then he posted something just as douchy as zamas drunk post, which zama admitted was too harsh. Not gonna win the op many points.

Hope he gets the trade done, but he didnt make it easier on himself.

Old 06-19-2013, 06:01 AM   #14
jaydog2314
HBT_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 10 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 107 Times on 77 Posts
Likes Given: 154

Secondary: RIS(aging port wine soaked oak spirals); Coffee Porter w/Vanilla Beans
Up Next: Belgian Amber
untappd: hopheavy2314
Canal Brewing Co:
Facebook Twitter Untappd

Old 06-19-2013, 12:23 PM   #15
m3n00b
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 147 Times on 112 Posts
Likes Given: 70

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrNickVT View Post

That's a joke. To call PTE over rated is laughable. PTE was the DIPA pioneer. Are there many better DIPAs out there? Sure are but respect should be given to it. Heady topper is IMO like no other beer. Again to call it overrated because so many people want it is quite pathetic. John kimmich created his own yeast strain for the beer that a ton of people want and harvest from the cans. I'm just curious how these beers get hyped up as well? People try them, people rate them and people want them. Plain and simple. I don't think I've ever heard someone who's a hophead say that either one of these beers are not good..
I've had pte and pty. They are two of the best beers ever made. I also had both the beers in the OP. The Enjoy by was epic. Very drinkable. The RuinTen is an insane, to-the-limit hop/alco bomb. Never had heady but would love to try it. I'm just trying to not expect too much so I can be surprised which is hard with all of the praise it gets. Never said either of these were not good. In the end it's still just a beer. Not worth driving across the country to get one.

Old 06-19-2013, 02:08 PM   #16
skeezerpleezer
HBT_SUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 379 Times on 216 Posts

Pliny is what made a lot of the new "big" ipas what they are and is still solid. It was an extreme IPA in comparison to most a few years ago. It just happens to be that a lot of other breweries have stepped up and make comparable hopped-bombs (Heady, abrasive, Ghandi Bot, etc). Pliny is still excellent, but the gap between it and other IPAs is disappearing.

Oh, and I would rather have Enjoy By than Pliny for consumption, price and volume. Toss in a Ruinten and that is a steal. IMO it should at least be 2:2, good luck OP.

Old 06-19-2013, 07:39 PM   #17
Geremiah
Recipes 

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts
Likes Given: 3

Everything gets turned into political debate.
I want a certain beer that I cannot get, I have certain beers to trade for said beer. If you'd like to trade, please post. If not, that's fine as well. :]

Hope you all enjoy a good beer today!

Old 06-20-2013, 12:38 AM   #18
Geremiah
Recipes 

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts
Likes Given: 3

Got my hands on another of each. Pricey beers honestly, but I love the joy of trading. So it's totally worth it. Drink on!

Old 06-20-2013, 03:35 AM   #19
skeezerpleezer
HBT_SUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 379 Times on 216 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geremiah
Got my hands on another of each. Pricey beers honestly, but I love the joy of trading. So it's totally worth it. Drink on!
What did you pay? All the enjoy by I have seen was $6.50. Ruin ten is out tomorrow here

Old 06-20-2013, 05:06 AM   #20
namyarb3
Feedback Score: 9 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 33 Times on 26 Posts
Likes Given: 30

I'm not OP, but I paid $8 for my Enjoy By.

Fu*k 'em if they won't get drunk.

Quick Reply