Spike Brewing 12.5 Conical Fermenter Giveaway - Enter Now!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brew Market > Sampling and Critiquing and Beer Swapping > So how bad is O'Doul's Amber?

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-31-2011, 10:49 PM   #21
Revvy
Post Hoc Ergo Propter Hoc
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 2728 Times on 1636 Posts
Likes Given: 3485

This is actually great tasting for a na beer. It tastes like a ckassic malty vienna lager. Wow.

Like my snazzy new avatar? Get Sons of Zymurgy swag, here, and brew with the best.

Revvy's one of the cool reverends. He has a Harley and a t-shirt that says on the back "If you can read this, the bitch was Raptured. - Madman

I gotta tell ya, just between us girls, that Revvy is HOT. Very tall, gorgeous grey hair and a terrific smile. He's very good looking in person, with a charismatic personality... he drives like a ****ing maniac! - YooperBrew

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-31-2011, 11:32 PM   #22
Shooter
Almaigan Brewing Co.

Recipes 

Liked 231 Times on 179 Posts
Likes Given: 38

Hmm, I've had Clausthaler, but I don't think it was the amber. I might actually give that a try.

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience. - C. S. Lewis, English essayist & juvenile novelist (1898 - 1963)

Old 03-31-2011, 11:49 PM   #23
Revvy

Recipes 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shooter View Post
Hmm, I've had Clausthaler, but I don't think it was the amber. I might actually give that a try.
I just found another beers store with an awesome craft beer selection, and they had a bunch of N/A beers I've never seen anywhere else and that was one of them. This could be a fun exploration of a new "style" to tide me over until I can drink again.

Like my snazzy new avatar? Get Sons of Zymurgy swag, here, and brew with the best.

Revvy's one of the cool reverends. He has a Harley and a t-shirt that says on the back "If you can read this, the bitch was Raptured. - Madman

I gotta tell ya, just between us girls, that Revvy is HOT. Very tall, gorgeous grey hair and a terrific smile. He's very good looking in person, with a charismatic personality... he drives like a ****ing maniac! - YooperBrew

Old 04-09-2011, 04:23 PM   #24
camelcarlson
Recipes 

My girlfriend hasn't drank in over two years, and says that Kaliber is her favorite. I'll occasionally take a sip or two of one of her NA beers, and i found Kaliber to be the most appealing, for what its worth

Old 04-11-2011, 03:25 AM   #25
timbudtwo
Recipes 

Liked 10 Times on 10 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Revvy View Post
This is actually great tasting for a na beer. It tastes like a ckassic malty vienna lager. Wow.

We have those plates

Old 04-28-2011, 10:22 PM   #26
jlorenz78
Recipes 

I agree with everyone that said Kalibre. Whenever its my turn to DD thats what I drink.

Old 04-28-2011, 10:24 PM   #27
Shooter
Almaigan Brewing Co.

Recipes 

Liked 231 Times on 179 Posts
Likes Given: 38

Quote:
Originally Posted by jlorenz78 View Post
I agree with everyone that said Kalibre. Whenever its my turn to DD thats what I drink.
This is an interesting first post. Particularly since you joined nearly a year ago.

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience. - C. S. Lewis, English essayist & juvenile novelist (1898 - 1963)

Old 04-28-2011, 10:30 PM   #28
jlorenz78
Recipes 

I guess I'm not sure why that is such and interesting post, but oh well. I am more of a reader than a talker.

Old 04-28-2011, 10:33 PM   #29
Revvy

Recipes 

It's just always interesting to see what thread or post draws someone out of lurkdom, and why. Welcome to posting.

Old 04-28-2011, 10:38 PM   #30
jlorenz78
Recipes 

I've found so many great tips on here and including a bunch from you REvvy, that I finally figured I would give some feedback on something I knew a little about. I used to drink o'douls amber before I found Kalibre. I have also tried Busch Na and Clausthaler, didn't really care for either. Sharps is nasty, as is O'douls regular. Especially since most bars don't go through it fast enough that almost every bottle is skunky(thank you green bottles. Thanks again for all the tips.

Quick Reply