New Giveaway - Wort Monster Conical Fermenter!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brew Market > Sampling and Critiquing and Beer Swapping > Secret Santa Reviews

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-24-2012, 03:09 AM   #1
Paramecium
HBT_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 11 Times on 9 Posts
Likes Given: 2

Default Secret Santa Reviews

Alright, I'm no professional beer judge but i'll give these my best shot.

These beers were delivered almost a week ago and I'm finally getting around to trying them.

First beer to get opened was one of the commercial offerings.

Southern Tier Unearthly.

9.5% Imp IPA.

Nice golden color, little bit darker than what we get a lot of out here on the west coast. The smell immediately reminded me of a dogfish 90 which is one of the few East coast IPA's I've had much of.

Nice and hoppy, doesn't come off as a 9.5% beer. I shared it with two friends and they both assumed it was lower than that at first taste. Finish is very dry. Leaves you wanting more. A very good IIPA.

Next up is the homebrewed all Simcoe IPA 6.7%

Lots of Simcoe right off the bat. Pours with a strong head and is nice and clear. Not sure if you dry hop or not, my dry hopped IPA's using pellets always have hop haze so it's nice seeing a good clear IPA.

Decent malt backbone and a bit of alcohol warmth. Overall a good ipa. Thanks for sending 2!

Primary~ Empty

Secondary~ Mosaic IPA

Kegged~

Ransack Port Oak Aged RIS

Blood Orange Hefe

Bonne Nuit Saison

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply