Spike Brewing 12.5 Conical Fermenter Giveaway - Enter Now!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brew Market > Sampling and Critiquing and Beer Swapping > Question on Rouge Double Dead Guy

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-11-2010, 05:55 PM   #1
Berock
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Default Question on Rouge Double Dead Guy

Hey guys, just went by the liquor store this morning and they had the 2008 Double Dead Guy for sale at $4.49. Two questions: 1) Is this is a really good buy or is it that cheap because its too old (60 ibu's). I was thinking about buying a couple more to add to my beer cellar for aging. 2) Will this be a good cellaring beer? Do you guys think it will be good for aging or is it already past its prime. I'm thinking the loss of IBU's over time will bring out the maltiness. Opinions?

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-12-2010, 03:02 PM   #2
Revvy
Post Hoc Ergo Propter Hoc
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 2728 Times on 1636 Posts
Likes Given: 3485

1) I'd hit it for 4.49.

2) I'd cellar it for a couple years, especially at 4.49/bottle. If it goes south you're out 5 or 10 bucks, but have a couple of cool looking bottles...if it mellows nicely you got a great deal for 4.49. I don't see that it's a difficult decision to make.

Like my snazzy new avatar? Get Sons of Zymurgy swag, here, and brew with the best.

Revvy's one of the cool reverends. He has a Harley and a t-shirt that says on the back "If you can read this, the bitch was Raptured. - Madman

I gotta tell ya, just between us girls, that Revvy is HOT. Very tall, gorgeous grey hair and a terrific smile. He's very good looking in person, with a charismatic personality... he drives like a ****ing maniac! - YooperBrew

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply