Spike Brewing 12.5 Conical Fermenter Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brew Market > Sampling and Critiquing and Beer Swapping > pumpkin ale trade

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-03-2009, 02:05 AM   #1
Chumley
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Default pumpkin ale trade

I brewed a batch of Yuri's Thunderstruck pumpkin ale, I hit all the mash temps and gravity was pretty much spot on. Fermented with S-04 at 65 F for 3 weeks, and it's been in the keg for 3 weeks.
It seemed to turn out pretty good, but definitely not my favorite. I'd love to try a bottle of someone else's pumpkin ale, or even spice ale. Of course I'd send you a bottle or two of my pumpkin ale for tasting, I'd love to get some feedback on mine. Thanks!

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-04-2009, 09:53 PM   #2
Sacdan
HBT_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 16 Times on 15 Posts
Likes Given: 1

I would be interested.

Old 11-04-2009, 11:11 PM   #3
midfielder5
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 50 Times on 47 Posts
Likes Given: 20

i'm also interested. My pumpkin ale is not ready for shipping yet, tho. I need to check on it today and possibly bottle it tomorrow (11/5).
send me a PM and we can exchange one.

wendy

Old 11-15-2009, 09:57 PM   #4
Sacdan
HBT_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 16 Times on 15 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by rek View Post
I brewed a batch of Yuri's Thunderstruck pumpkin ale, I hit all the mash temps and gravity was pretty much spot on. Fermented with S-04 at 65 F for 3 weeks, and it's been in the keg for 3 weeks.
It seemed to turn out pretty good, but definitely not my favorite. I'd love to try a bottle of someone else's pumpkin ale, or even spice ale. Of course I'd send you a bottle or two of my pumpkin ale for tasting, I'd love to get some feedback on mine. Thanks!
I just tasted yours. It tastes a lot like Harvest Moon. Good flavor, but I can't taste the Pumpkin. Good carbonation too. You should get mine this week. It isn't quite as carbonated, but has a distinct Pumpkin flavor.

Old 11-17-2009, 12:59 AM   #5
Chumley
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

I mashed with the pumpkin as per Yuri's recipe, the only thing that I didn't follow was the amount of spice added, I used only 1 tsp of pumpkin pie spice at flameout ( for 10 gallons).
I smell the pumpkin more than taste it, I can taste the spice but probably only because I know I put in there...it's barely perceptible.
Thanks for the feedback!

Old 11-21-2009, 05:41 PM   #6
midfielder5
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 50 Times on 47 Posts
Likes Given: 20

Default review of Rek's pumkpin

I received Rek's pumpkin beer in a swap. On opening, there was good carbonation and a nice pumpkin smell. The color was pleasing. In general, it was a clean & tasty ale. I was looking for more spices, though that might be a personal preference.
Thanks for sharing!
Wendy

Quick Reply