Electric Brewing Supply 30A BCS Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brew Market > Sampling and Critiquing and Beer Swapping > The Official WHMBP Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-31-2008, 01:42 AM   #21
Cakehole
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

OK,

Drank Hagen's ESB, it was fantastic.

Made a Black and Tan with the Dark Love Stout and a bottle of Pale Ale I had in the fridge.

Now onto either the 8th Street Ale or the Maricopa Pale......

I'm gonna get Dukin Frunk!!!

Cake

Primary #1: Blonde Ambition Ale Primary #2: nada
Secondary #1:Cake's Stout Secondary #2: Empty
Keg: #1: Ed's Apfelwein #2: Killian's Irish Red Clone #3: Orfy's Hobgoblin II #4: Cream Soda ( for the kiddo )

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-31-2008, 11:18 AM   #22
Jonnio

Recipes 

Liked 7 Times on 7 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Desert Monkey View Post
Guess I'll have to work on my labels for next time!
hehe, I was thinking the same thing. My labels consist of a single letter in Sharpie written on the cap

------------------------------------------------
Official member of HBAMAP (Home Brewers Against Murder and Pedophilia)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Revvy View Post
Then that means dumping your beer because you think it's bad is tantamount to abortion! And as Big Kahuna says, drinking a beer too soon is tatamount to beer pedophilia...

Old 07-31-2008, 04:14 PM   #23
BigKahuna
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 48 Times on 41 Posts
Likes Given: 6

I actually had to print labels for the bottles I sent...but at least I did it.

Old 07-31-2008, 06:29 PM   #24
flyangler18
Recipes 

Liked 28 Times on 28 Posts
Likes Given: 5

I'm afraid that a Sharpie inscribed letter on the cap is about as high-tech as this batch is going to be! I'm headed out of town on business till the middle of next week- HOPING to get everything out tomorrow.

Old 08-01-2008, 04:03 PM   #25
Cakehole
Recipes 

Default Another Package ! !

Got another Package, this time from The BigKahuna.

2 x Apfelwein and 2 x Bananas on the Beach

This is so cool. I can't wait to get some of my own stuff brewed, quality checked, and sent out to other returning Troops.

By the way, Kahuna, that was an awesome packing job you did. Genius use of vacuum seal bags to make sure nothing would leak in case of breakage.

Keg: #1: Ed's Apfelwein #2: Killian's Irish Red Clone #3: Orfy's Hobgoblin II #4: Cream Soda ( for the kiddo )

Old 08-02-2008, 06:08 AM   #26
justin8425
Recipes 

Default Appreciate it!

For those of you that have actually gone out of your way to ship HB to my military brothers...I thank you. The red, white and blue of 9/12/01 has faded and I know that we all appreciate your continued support.

V/R
HM1(FMF/EXW) J Davies

Planned: Scary Beyond Reason Pale Ale
Generic Organic IPA
Primary 1: EdWort's Apfelwein (6 month version)
Primary 2: EdWort's Apfelwein (1 year version)
Secondary: None
Bottled: None
Kegged: Smoked Porter

Old 08-03-2008, 01:09 AM   #27
Warrior
HBT_SUPPORTER.png
Recipes 

Liked 10 Times on 9 Posts
Likes Given: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by justin8404 View Post
For those of you that have actually gone out of your way to ship HB to my military brothers...I thank you. The red, white and blue of 9/12/01 has faded and I know that we all appreciate your continued support.

V/R
HM1(FMF/EXW) J Davies
I was at my family reunion today and my uncle is involved in a program to send care packages to our troops at war. They send packages direct to soldiers by name so that they get them with in a week of being sent. Send me Names and the addresses of any soldiers you know that are over there. He will put them on their mailing list and see that they get some much wanted supplies, wet wipes, beef jerkey, dry soup mix, kool aid and tampons for the wounded soldiers. The tampoons are suppose to be the best thing in the field to help stop the bleeding from wounds. Get me those names and I will see to it they get some care packages.

Old 08-03-2008, 02:45 PM   #28
Cakehole
Recipes 

During my 10.5 months over there getting a package from home was one of the high points of the week.

Stupid stuff, like recordings of tv shows with the commercials still there, were actually very very popular.

Most areas have AFN so there is TV, but amazingly enough you do start to miss a regular commercial now and then. AFN has no regular commercials ( unless you consider Univ of Phoenix a regular commercial) and they even cut out all the commercials during the superbowl.

Those little packages of koolaid you can put in a bottle of water are very popular. The chow halls usually provide crystal light and other sugerless mixes to dump in the water, but a lot of folks don't like them.

Send stuff that is from your local area. Green chili, pinon nuts, and dried red chili powder are what we send from New Mexico. Anything that can be used to spice up the food they serve. Mrs Dash, garlic salt, a pepper grinder ( you can get one in the spice isle of the grocery store for real cheep ).

All in all, we appreciate getting these packages from home. More than anything it helps ease the frustration we feel after watching the news media show story after story about how folks back home are getting angry about the war and protesting. A package from the US with a short note telling a Solder that somebody cares and is willing to send a little gift from home goes a long way to help morale.

Old 08-03-2008, 03:11 PM   #29
Warrior
HBT_SUPPORTER.png
Recipes 

Liked 10 Times on 9 Posts
Likes Given: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cakehole View Post
During my 10.5 months over there getting a package from home was one of the high points of the week.

Stupid stuff, like recordings of tv shows with the commercials still there, were actually very very popular.

Most areas have AFN so there is TV, but amazingly enough you do start to miss a regular commercial now and then. AFN has no regular commercials ( unless you consider Univ of Phoenix a regular commercial) and they even cut out all the commercials during the superbowl.

Those little packages of koolaid you can put in a bottle of water are very popular. The chow halls usually provide crystal light and other sugerless mixes to dump in the water, but a lot of folks don't like them.

Send stuff that is from your local area. Green chili, pinon nuts, and dried red chili powder are what we send from New Mexico. Anything that can be used to spice up the food they serve. Mrs Dash, garlic salt, a pepper grinder ( you can get one in the spice isle of the grocery store for real cheep ).

All in all, we appreciate getting these packages from home. More than anything it helps ease the frustration we feel after watching the news media show story after story about how folks back home are getting angry about the war and protesting. A package from the US with a short note telling a Solder that somebody cares and is willing to send a little gift from home goes a long way to help morale.
Cake,

How about some names and APO addresses of some of your buddies or other soldiers you know are over there. I'll see that they are sent some care packages direct to them.

Old 08-04-2008, 05:18 PM   #30
Cakehole
Recipes 

Ok, Here is an address for one of the young Airmen that replaced me when I left. He is a very intelligent young man with a promising career ahead of him.

Same addres, but different names:

MOD EDIT Keep all personal info in PMs, not on the board.

Quick Reply