Kegconnection Complete Starter Kit and More Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brew Market > Sampling and Critiquing and Beer Swapping > The Official WHMBP Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-12-2008, 04:32 PM   #111
IrregularPulse
Hobby Collector
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 2754 Times on 2705 Posts
Likes Given: 112

Any more soldiers coming home?

I should have stuck to four fingers in Vegas. :o - marubozo

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-14-2008, 05:46 PM   #112
talleymonster

Recipes 

Liked 13 Times on 7 Posts

Well, now that Cheeto received it, I can post a pic of what we sent him. Not all of these items made it into the box....there simply was not enough room.

We also sent him another box equally full of goodies for the Secret Santa swap, but I never took a picture. We sent him, coffee (french roast, and Jack Daniels flavored), a french press(for the coffee), all beef summer sausage (no pork products allowed), a mini christmas tree, doughnuts, misc snacks, A Belgian (chocolate bar, not beer), chicken Vienna sausages, etc, etc., etc.

Old 12-14-2008, 05:56 PM   #113
Chriso
Broken Robot Brewing Co.

Recipes 

Liked 72 Times on 63 Posts
Likes Given: 125

This goes without saying....

but that is SO DAMN COOL. HBTers, You rock so hard. I know Cheeto was grinning ear to ear when he unpacked this. SO DAMN COOL.

:rock: :rock: :rock:

And major kudos, Talley, for all your work on this project!

Chriso || SMaSH Brewers, Unite! || Nebraska Brewers! || Lincoln Lagers Brew Club
"You have just experienced the paradigm shift that is....all grain brewing." - BierMuncher

Old 12-24-2008, 05:26 AM   #114
call226
Recipes 

Home brewer and a west coast frogman that would like to get involved.

Old 12-24-2008, 03:11 PM   #115
Saccharomyces
Be good to your yeast...

Recipes 

Liked 78 Times on 52 Posts
Likes Given: 2

Sent Petey a box of goodies last week. The green flip tops are from Soperbrew. The Wit is labeled W, Belgian Pale Ale is A (BYO Antwerp ale from June, it's very good with age), Triple Six Oaked Tripel is the T. I'm probably forgetting one or two. Let me know if you want any of the recipes. I also included some local micros. Hope you enjoy for the holidays.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soperbrew
big brother only monitors facebook and untappd

Old 01-07-2009, 06:37 PM   #116
SporkD2
Recipes 

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Well guys, I've been home on leave for 12 days now. I head back to the box on saturday. I just want to say how cool it is that you guys are doing this. I know I have received packages from loved ones and they are always great. Cant wait for my return and getting back to brewing!

Old 01-07-2009, 06:38 PM   #117
SporkD2
Recipes 

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

BTW Picasa Web Albums - Matt I have put a bunch of pictures up of me in Iraq A lot of them are from a WWE event that they did over there and I got lucky enough to be on the stage crew

Old 01-07-2009, 06:41 PM   #118
SporkD2
Recipes 

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

BTW guys, if you know anyone who wants to help soldiers, anyonesoldier.com is a good place to get names of people over there and you can send them care packages

Old 01-12-2009, 01:35 AM   #119
RGH
Recipes 

I wish I would have know about this earlier! I got back from a 13 month tour back in NOV08 and the whole time I dreamed about brewing. I am glad to be on this forum and have gained so much knowledge, and have had just as many laughs. I would have love to be able to see where my brew stands against some veteran brewers like yours. That would be a way to learn as well. I will be off to Germany in JUL09 and that will be an adventure in its own!

A few things that I loved while deployed...

Food spices (as said before) ie, tapatio, and homemade hot sauces are great (hotter the better, entertainment as well as flavor)

Jerky (homemade was always appreciated the most)

Magazines were also awesome.

Cup o noodles and the like were great as well.

I can promise what ever you send will be enjoyed and shared, HONESTLY the action itself really means a lot. The fact that this is even happening is very inspiring. I was in a hostile beer-less nation, I can't think of anything more patriotic then what you are doing!

Let me know whose coming back and what I need to do to send out some of my n00b homebrew. I think I might be able to share a sixer or so...

God Bless you all and Cheers Cake! Happy brewing!

end of discussion.

Old 01-12-2009, 01:43 AM   #120
RGH
Recipes 

Quote:
Originally Posted by talleymonster View Post
Well, now that Cheeto received it, I can post a pic of what we sent him. Not all of these items made it into the box....there simply was not enough room.
<snip>

We also sent him another box equally full of goodies for the Secret Santa swap, but I never took a picture. We sent him, coffee (french roast, and Jack Daniels flavored), a french press(for the coffee), all beef summer sausage (no pork products allowed), a mini christmas tree, doughnuts, misc snacks, A Belgian (chocolate bar, not beer), chicken Vienna sausages, etc, etc., etc.
Now thats a package that could help bring a dude back from the depths of any depressing funk he might be in! I see Tapatio! Thats whats up! This is amazing! That will help someone remember what home is all about! Bless all of you. I forgot to mention Ziploc baggies, im sure it was said already in this 12 page thread. Good looking out! ZipLoc's are great!

end of discussion.

Last edited by RGH; 01-12-2009 at 01:45 AM.

Quick Reply