Spike Brewing 12.5 Conical Fermenter Giveaway - Enter Now!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brew Market > Sampling and Critiquing and Beer Swapping > Official 999 Swap Feedback Thread...

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-27-2009, 02:20 AM   #161
ShortSnoutBrewing
Kwanesum Chinook Illahee
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 12 Times on 11 Posts
Likes Given: 1

I'm with you terapin...The fact that I didn't get anything from one of my 3 swappers and that only 1 of the 3 folks I sent to has taken the time to comment here has left a bitter taste in my mouth. I missed the 888 and was excited getting in on the 999, but I've skipped out on the 10-10-10, and I won't be doing the secret santa this year either. It's a shame cause this is probably one of the most useful tools we all have, sharing our brews with others and getting good feedback.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-27-2009, 11:00 AM   #162
KingBrianI
Recipes 

Liked 76 Times on 56 Posts
Likes Given: 7

That sucks you guys. I guess I got lucky this time around in that I received all three and have had two of my recipients post reviews (of which you were one Brian!). But it really is disappointing that something like this has so much leading up to it and then just kind of fizzles out. Surprising to me, is that some of the more prominent people have yet to post a review, including the organizer. I'll participate in the 101010, but if I end up getting stiffed like you guys, it will probably be my last. I've stopped sending extra bottles in the little competitions around here since I've yet to see a review of any of the extra beers from the two informal competitions I sent to months ago. One guy, another prominent member of the site, won't even respond to email anymore.

I'm too lazy and have too many beers going to keep updating this!

Old 10-27-2009, 11:15 AM   #163
Beerrific

Recipes 

Liked 45 Times on 37 Posts
Likes Given: 9

If you sent me a 999, can you let me know how to identify your bottle? I need to post my reviews, but I lost the PMs that describe the bottles.

Old 10-27-2009, 12:43 PM   #164
conpewter
HBT_SUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 40 Times on 35 Posts

I'm sorry to hear about people who didn't get any reviews. It's a lot of work to make this and a lot of money to ship it out to everyone. If anyone local wants to meet up sometime and swap I'd be glad to do more reviews.

"People should not be afraid of their governments. Governments should be afraid of their people." - V

Primary: Nothin
Secondary: Shady Lord RIS, Water to Barleywine, Pumpkin wine, burnt mead
Kegged: Crappy infected mild
Bottles: Apfelwein, 999 Barleywine, Oatmeal Stout, Robust Porter, Robust smoked porter, Simcoe Smash

Old 10-27-2009, 01:44 PM   #165
FSR402

Recipes 

Liked 16 Times on 14 Posts

I have not posted the reviews on my 999 swaps due to the fact that I have not drank them. I have not had a Saturday (don't drink during the week) where I did not have something going on. Thus I have not had the time to just sit down and give the beer the time it needs. I don't want to just drink it and give a half assed review just to get it done.
When I do get it done I will not only post it here but I will PM the brewer with the review to be sure he/she sees it.

On a side note. My 999's have not been reviewed either and you don't see me cryin about it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr_cad View Post
Its nice when you and your friends have comparable equipment.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Walker-san View Post
some people will tap anything that has a hole.
Buy Two Fisted Brewing gear

Old 10-27-2009, 01:51 PM   #166
KingBrianI
Recipes 

Liked 76 Times on 56 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by FSR402 View Post

On a side note. My 999's have not been reviewed either and you don't see me cryin about it.
Nice attitude. But it sounds like you don't have time to be respectful.

I'm too lazy and have too many beers going to keep updating this!

Old 10-27-2009, 04:23 PM   #167
wildwest450
Recipes 

Liked 164 Times on 149 Posts
Likes Given: 4

All mine haven't been reviewed either, but I didn't think that was the point of the swap, I felt it was to compare our beer with that of others. Unless your recipient is a certified judge, of what benefit is a "score sheet", taste is so subjective its astounding.

And no offense to people but I see a lot of scores on here that are through the roof, there's no way everyone on here makes world class beer.

Terrapin I will review your barley wine, but Jesus a 22oz bomber is a lot to drink in a sitting, i've also been on a diet as of late and it's hard to swill homebrew and lose weight.

I did enjoy your "pure soul" porter, I give it a 51/50
I didn't care for the munich helles, although i've never had a commercial version so i don't know what to expect, I saved one to try if I can ever find a commercial munich helles.

Last edited by wildwest450; 10-27-2009 at 04:38 PM.

Old 10-27-2009, 04:28 PM   #168
ShortSnoutBrewing
Kwanesum Chinook Illahee

Recipes 

Liked 12 Times on 11 Posts

I don't think, nor expect a "score sheet", but some feedback would be appreciated. I think feedback is indeed a reason (if not the reason) why these swaps are put together. If my brew tasted like sh!t I want to know so I can figure out why. Otherwise I'm gonna keep brewing the same thing the same way over and over again.

And if there's any crying going on here it's those that state they have no time to drink beer. Why the heck are you here and brewing if you don't have time to drink?!?!?

Old 10-27-2009, 04:34 PM   #169
wildwest450
Recipes 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kilted Brewer View Post
I don't think, nor expect a "score sheet", but some feedback would be appreciated. I think feedback is indeed a reason (if not the reason) why these swaps are put together. If my brew tasted like sh!t I want to know so I can figure out why. Otherwise I'm gonna keep brewing the same thing the same way over and over again.

And if there's any crying going on here it's those that state they have no time to drink beer. Why the heck are you here and brewing if you don't have time to drink?!?!?
send me some beer i'll be brutally honest.

Old 10-27-2009, 05:21 PM   #170
wildwest450
Recipes 

Default Terapin Chef's 9/9/09

This beers best attribute imo is that it wasn't overly sweet, it had a nice balance. I tried a commercial example, Flying dogs Horn Dog and it was way to sweet for my taste. Anyways here's the best I can do for a review. Btw a bomber of this will smack your pants off!!
If you need interpretation of my chicken scratch let me know.

Last edited by wildwest450; 10-27-2009 at 05:56 PM.

Quick Reply