Ss Brewing Technologies Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brew Market > Sampling and Critiquing and Beer Swapping > Off Topic Banter in Evan !s Sampling and Critiquing thread.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-29-2007, 02:35 PM   #1
El_Borracho
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Mrk305, sounds local.. You in Miami bro? Looking for local brewers...I'm not a very social cat.. But it would be nice to swap info on local spots and maybe get a group buy or whatever..

Evan! How do I get in on the swap!? I can buy you some Sam Adams Oktoberfest if ya like Or maybe some Frakenskanker (lol), or Moosbacher? I need to get my brew on.. That cappuccino stout sounds ace.

You do technical work? You seem like a computer income funded kinda guy..

5 gallon [US, liquid] = 640 ounce [US, liquid]

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-29-2007, 02:48 PM   #2
Evan!

Recipes 

Liked 69 Times on 61 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by El_Borracho
Evan! How do I get in on the swap!? I can buy you some Sam Adams Oktoberfest if ya like Or maybe some Frakenskanker (lol), or Moosbacher? I need to get my brew on.. That cappuccino stout sounds ace.

The "Official" Beerswap was organized some time ago, so you won't be able to get in on this round. Actually I think the general beerswaps are restricted to paying members only, but I do "private" swaps with other members here and there as well. Have you brewed anything yet? I'd be up for swapping, but I prefer homebrew---I work part time at a local fine wine/beer shop that was named one of the top 70 beer retailers in the country by AAB, and our selection is crazy...so, like I said, I prefer trying other people's homebrew. If you wanna wait till you have some in bottle, that'd be fine with me. Just PM me.

I guess you could consider architecture "technical work" on some level. I do write very technical specs for my buildings, and put together some very technical details. But I'm not in IT, no.

.planned:
•Scottish 80/- •Sweet Stout •Roggenbier
.primary | bright:
98: Moss Hollow Soured '09 72: Oude Kriek 99: B-Weisse 102: Brett'd BDSA 104: Feat of Strength Helles Bock 105: Merkin Brown
.on tap | kegged:
XX: Moss Hollow Springs Sparkling Water 95: Gott Mit Uns German Pils 91b: Brown Willie's Oaked Abbey Ale 103: Merkin Stout
98: Yorkshire Special 100: Maple Porter 89: Cidre Saison 101: Steffiweizen '09 (#3)

Old 11-29-2007, 04:29 PM   #3
El_Borracho
Recipes 

That's cool I plan to be a paying member next year, and also have some brews under my belt. I'll see if I'm up and running and sign up for next years.. Or a private one..

Architecture seems like a fun deal in the right place..

Thanks bro!

Old 11-30-2007, 12:58 AM   #4
mrk305
Beer Dude in the Sunset
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 11 Times on 11 Posts
Likes Given: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by El_Borracho
Mrk305, sounds local.. You in Miami bro? Looking for local brewers...I'm not a very social cat.. But it would be nice to swap info on local spots and maybe get a group buy or whatever..

Not local. I went to junior high and high school in For Lauderdale, but moved to the Atlanta area in '73. I don't even say bro' anymore. Next time we go to Miami for a cruise out of Port Everglades we could do a beer swap with y'all. < (new Georgia accent)

Old 11-30-2007, 06:13 PM   #5
El_Borracho
Recipes 

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrk305
Not local. I went to junior high and high school in For Lauderdale, but moved to the Atlanta area in '73. I don't even say bro' anymore. Next time we go to Miami for a cruise out of Port Everglades we could do a beer swap with y'all. < (new Georgia accent)
I go up to Swainsborough (deer, random shooting, atv'ing) and Savannah (family/friends) a few times a year..

I'm down for a swap! I gotta get my brew on first!

That Cappuccino Stout sounds ace..

Old 11-30-2007, 10:53 PM   #6
mrk305
Beer Dude in the Sunset

Recipes 

That Cappuccino Stout sounds ace..

It was seriously good. I realy like strong black coffee, and of course, beer. Imagine a perfectly balanced black stout flavored with a bunch of rich black espresso. Blew me away.

I also got beers in the swap form Proffesor Frink. The pumpkin ale was amazing.

I was lucky to get Evan and Frink in the swap. I have only been making homebrew since April, so I have only been drinking homebrew since May. Maybe with a few more years of practice and reading I can get close to their level.

Old 12-02-2007, 07:08 AM   #7
fightguy
Recipes 

Liked 4 Times on 3 Posts
Likes Given: 1

What does one have to do to be on Evan!'s list? Does it involve anything sexually deviant? Because there are many things that I would be willing to do to try some of those beers, but I don't think I would go that far

www.bloodyknux.com

Old 12-02-2007, 01:30 PM   #8
mrk305
Beer Dude in the Sunset

Recipes 

Quote:
Originally Posted by fightguy
What does one have to do to be on Evan!'s list? Does it involve anything sexually deviant? Because there are many things that I would be willing to do to try some of those beers, but I don't think I would go that far

There are actually a couple more forum sections on HomeBrewTalk that are only available to paid members. In one of these sections they announced the beer swap. Anyone willing to ship out beers to three people would be put on the list to get beers from three different people. Then, as you can see, we posted out critiques of them in this section.

Old 12-03-2007, 08:27 PM   #9
paulthenurse
HBT_SUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Location: Down by the rivah, Down by the banks of the Rivah Chahles.
Liked 246 Times on 209 Posts
Likes Given: 39

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrk305
There are actually a couple more forum sections on HomeBrewTalk that are only available to paid members. In one of these sections they announced the beer swap. Anyone willing to ship out beers to three people would be put on the list to get beers from three different people. Then, as you can see, we posted out critiques of them in this section.
Ya, but beng sexually deviant would certainly help get you on the list, too.

Want to win the coolest trophy in Homebrewing? Come to Masstoberfest. September 27, 2014

Follow my Wood Fired Oven Build Thread here

Quick Reply