The Great Bottle Opener Giveaway

Home Brew Forums > Home Brew Market > Sampling and Critiquing and Beer Swapping > Not a hophead?

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-03-2006, 03:16 AM   #11
Ize
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 4 Times on 4 Posts

I thought about starting a thread called "THE NASTIEST FRIGGIN BEER I'VE EVER CONSUMED"....

Decided that wasn't fair, and figured I'd confirm this post instead....

DFH 90 Min IPA...

I know there was a time I liked IPA's. I remember it. But somewhere over the last 9+ years my taste has apparently changed and I now really have a hard time with this style. Some are just OK. Most of them lately I just plain haven't liked. I wasn't overly worried about it, figured "just my own taste".

Friday of Memorial Day weekend, at my fave beer store I found 3 DFH 90 Min IPA's in the pick a six section! "SCORE!" I thought. I grabbed two of them not to be greedy. I hung on to them for the week. So after a good meal and a few different beers out tonight, I get home and think, "Perfect time to try them".

I barely got thru ONE...

I know there are a lot of people that really like this beer but man, it REALLY turned me off... To ME, it's SO overly hopped that it's almost undrinkable.

So for me anyway, HIGHLY disappointed.

FWIW, I only drank the one, the other will stay in the fridge, shunned, unless someone wants to trade for it, or someone comes over that feels brave some evening....

Ize

Sig to re-open when it's less of an embarassment
What I do for a living on the web... www.wsoyam.com

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-03-2006, 03:20 PM   #12
SwAMi75
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ize
I thought about starting a thread called "THE NASTIEST FRIGGIN BEER I'VE EVER CONSUMED"....

Decided that wasn't fair, and figured I'd confirm this post instead....

DFH 90 Min IPA...

I know there was a time I liked IPA's. I remember it. But somewhere over the last 9+ years my taste has apparently changed and I now really have a hard time with this style. Some are just OK. Most of them lately I just plain haven't liked. I wasn't overly worried about it, figured "just my own taste".

Friday of Memorial Day weekend, at my fave beer store I found 3 DFH 90 Min IPA's in the pick a six section! "SCORE!" I thought. I grabbed two of them not to be greedy. I hung on to them for the week. So after a good meal and a few different beers out tonight, I get home and think, "Perfect time to try them".

I barely got thru ONE...

I know there are a lot of people that really like this beer but man, it REALLY turned me off... To ME, it's SO overly hopped that it's almost undrinkable.

So for me anyway, HIGHLY disappointed.

FWIW, I only drank the one, the other will stay in the fridge, shunned, unless someone wants to trade for it, or someone comes over that feels brave some evening....

Ize
You should try something a bit more tame, like Pliny the Elder.
Gone unsung for far too long

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply