Get your HBT Growlers, Shirts and Membership before the Rush!


Home Brew Forums > Home Brew Market > Sampling and Critiquing and Beer Swapping > Never Had Heady Topper (and others) Willing to Trade
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-22-2013, 05:02 PM   #1
Gary22
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 67
iTrader: (0)
Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts
Likes Given: 4

Default Never Had Heady Topper (and others) Willing to Trade

So, I'm very new to homebrewing. With that being said, I'm also very new to drinking great beer. I've read a lot of great things about Heady Topper, Pliny The Elder, and Pliny The Younger that I think would quench my thirst for great beers. I'm not sure that they're sold around my way. That's why I'm reaching out.

Anyway, I'm from the North Eastern Maryland region (bout 20 mins from Delaware line going into Newark, DE). Would be very interested in trading if I can find the beers you all may request.

Thank you all very much for your time.

__________________
Gary22 is offline
 
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-22-2013, 05:28 PM   #2
TheMan
HBT_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 23 reviews
 
TheMan's Avatar
Recipes 
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Illinois
Posts: 2,991
iTrader: (23)
Liked 327 Times on 244 Posts
Likes Given: 2

Default

Yeah, pliny the elder is primarily sold on the west coast, ive heard of a few places in PA selling it though.

Pliny the younger is a one day release, gone that day. Unless you are there that day, you likely wont get any.

Heady is made in vermont, very limited distro.

So you definitely cannot buy them in maryland. Im sure someone can hook you up though. Lot of generous folks here

Cheers!

__________________
TheMan is offline
 
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-22-2013, 05:31 PM   #3
sj3324
Feedback Score: 13 reviews
Recipes 
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Camp Hill, PA
Posts: 228
iTrader: (13)
Liked 82 Times on 52 Posts
Likes Given: 16

Default

Try posting in the Sampling/Critiquing forum, that is where a lot of beer trading goes on.
http://www.homebrewtalk.com/f38/

__________________
sj3324 is offline
 
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-22-2013, 06:27 PM   #4
Gary22
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 67
iTrader: (0)
Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts
Likes Given: 4

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMan View Post
Yeah, pliny the elder is primarily sold on the west coast, ive heard of a few places in PA selling it though.

Pliny the younger is a one day release, gone that day. Unless you are there that day, you likely wont get any.

Heady is made in vermont, very limited distro.

So you definitely cannot buy them in maryland. Im sure someone can hook you up though. Lot of generous folks here

Cheers!
Thank you for the heads up.
Appreciate your knowledge. Is it as good as everyone says?!

SJ3324:
I will definitely do that.
Thanks
__________________
Gary22 is offline
 
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-22-2013, 06:47 PM   #5
TheMan
HBT_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 23 reviews
 
TheMan's Avatar
Recipes 
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Illinois
Posts: 2,991
iTrader: (23)
Liked 327 Times on 244 Posts
Likes Given: 2

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gary22 View Post

Thank you for the heads up.
Appreciate your knowledge. Is it as good as everyone says?!

SJ3324:
I will definitely do that.
Thanks
Heady lives up to its hype. Its a very good beer. Pliny the elder too. But....I think there are quite a few other lesser known dipas/ipas thats are as good.

Dont take this as me ragging on them. They are very very good beers. Worth trying for sure.
__________________
TheMan is offline
 
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-22-2013, 07:03 PM   #6
Gary22
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 67
iTrader: (0)
Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts
Likes Given: 4

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMan View Post
But....I think there are quite a few other lesser known dipas/ipas thats are as good.

Dont take this as me ragging on them. They are very very good beers. Worth trying for sure.

What are these other lesser known dipas/ipas that are as good? Any that I could find in my local liquor store here in Maryland?
__________________
Gary22 is offline
 
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-22-2013, 07:08 PM   #7
coldcrash
HBT_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 20 reviews
 
coldcrash's Avatar
Recipes 
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Hanover, Pennsylvania
Posts: 2,981
iTrader: (20)
Liked 1542 Times on 990 Posts
Likes Given: 826

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gary22

What are these other lesser known dipas/ipas that are as good? Any that I could find in my local liquor store here in Maryland?
Have you ever had Evolution Brewing Company Lot no 6? Evolution is in Salisbury and they make some nice beers. Lot no 6 is a great DIPA and if you can get it fresh it stands up to any of those you mentioned.

Troegs Perpetual is another really good localish that you should be able to get.

You should also have access in MD to SixPoint Resin and Ballast Point Sculpin.
__________________
coldcrash is offline
 
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-22-2013, 10:19 PM   #8
TheMan
HBT_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 23 reviews
 
TheMan's Avatar
Recipes 
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Illinois
Posts: 2,991
iTrader: (23)
Liked 327 Times on 244 Posts
Likes Given: 2

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gary22 View Post

What are these other lesser known dipas/ipas that are as good? Any that I could find in my local liquor store here in Maryland?
Most I can think of are likely not at your store, but:
Ghandi bot is amazing, my favorite dipa. All of nebco ipas I have had were awesome.
Revolution anti hero is awesome
Half acre daisy cutter, awesome.
Any pipeworks ipa, awesome.
Deep ellum ipa, big surprise and was awesome.
Odell myrcenary is supposed to be great.
Snake handler, supposed to be great.

I am sure more people can chime in with others. Some of them are well known, but not necessarily to a new guy to the game.
When I started trading, pliny and heady were the top of the list. Nowadays I am more interested in the ones that dont have as much hype, but are still fantastic.

I still take heady when I see an opportunity though lol, it really is great. And one of the few beers I have traded for multiple times.
__________________
TheMan is offline
 
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-03-2013, 04:50 AM   #9
Gary22
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 67
iTrader: (0)
Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts
Likes Given: 4

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by coldcrash

Have you ever had Evolution Brewing Company Lot no 6? Evolution is in Salisbury and they make some nice beers. Lot no 6 is a great DIPA and if you can get it fresh it stands up to any of those you mentioned.

Troegs Perpetual is another really good localish that you should be able to get.

You should also have access in MD to SixPoint Resin and Ballast Point Sculpin.
The SixPoint Resin=AMAZING. I bought 2 4 packs this weekend n reluctantly shared a couple with a great friend/IPA enthusiast.
I can get all of these (I believe) at my liquor store. Thanks again.
__________________
Gary22 is offline
 
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Reply



Quick Reply
Message:
Options
Thread Tools


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Heady Topper for trade... 3BB001 Sampling and Critiquing and Beer Swapping 31 10-08-2014 02:08 AM
Fresh Heady Topper for trade Hopforce Sampling and Critiquing and Beer Swapping 20 11-14-2013 07:34 PM
Surly Syx for Heady Topper Trade!! legasus233 Sampling and Critiquing and Beer Swapping 1 06-13-2013 06:27 PM
Heady Topper wanted in trade legasus233 Sampling and Critiquing and Beer Swapping 4 06-13-2013 04:04 PM
Will trade Heady Topper for Pliny allanmac00 Sampling and Critiquing and Beer Swapping 7 09-23-2012 10:55 PM



Newest Threads

New

LATEST SPONSOR DEALS