Ss Brewing Technologies Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brew Market > Sampling and Critiquing and Beer Swapping > Local beer swap-o-rama!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-27-2013, 06:06 PM   #151
NormPeterson
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 32 Times on 26 Posts
Likes Given: 3

Being in Georgia I have access to lot of breweries that will only distribute to the southeast. Some of the breweries I have acess to are Red Hare (GA exclusive with only cans), Sweetwater (bottles), Terrapin (bottles), Red Brick (Most underrated brewery I America IMHO. bottles), Monday Night Eye Patch (bottles/may have cans), Blue Tarp (Newest Brewery in GA and I have not been able to get my hands on it yet). All of the breweries naturally have a limited distribution and a few have to be hunted. If TheMan allows it I would love to trade so I could get a good feel of how my local breweries hold up to others.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-28-2013, 02:56 AM   #152
427Cobra
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 18 Times on 15 Posts

Was hoping to have mine shipped tomorrow but ran out of bubble wrap tonight so will have to wait till Wednesday to ship.

Old 05-28-2013, 12:33 PM   #153
TheMan
HBT_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 22 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 325 Times on 242 Posts
Likes Given: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by 427Cobra View Post
Was hoping to have mine shipped tomorrow but ran out of bubble wrap tonight so will have to wait till Wednesday to ship.
I'll have mine shipped Wednesday as well. I have all the beer, but I pack it all up at work (free shipping supplies!) And since I am working 3 a.m. to 6 p.m. ill be plenty busy and didn't want to overlook something and pack it badly. I'll be able to take my time tomorrow.

Old 05-28-2013, 03:32 PM   #154
LovesIPA
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 201 Times on 152 Posts
Likes Given: 140

I never shipped beer before. I was planning on shipping them in a 12-pack box. Since I'm only shipping 10, I'll add two empties to fill it out. I was going to line the bottom with bubble wrap and fill the empty space at the top with crumpled up paper. Then tape the **** out of it. Do you guys think that the beer will make it there ok? Should I put each bottle in a ziplock to help prevent spillage if one breaks?

Immature: A word boring people use to describe fun people

Old 05-28-2013, 03:49 PM   #155
tankcrash
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 4 Times on 4 Posts

Thinking zip locks are a good idea.

Old 05-28-2013, 03:59 PM   #156
TheMan
HBT_SUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

I wrap every bottle in protective bubble wrap or some other barrier. Never had a broken bottle. Be sure you fill ALL empty space. Then shake the box to see if it moves. If stuff moves inside. Then its not sufficient.

I've seen some pretty skimpy packing as well, and it made it here. I think there is some luck involved. If you don't have a guy toss your box, then kick it, then sit on it, you will be fine.

Old 05-28-2013, 04:06 PM   #157
Felixio
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 23 Times on 18 Posts
Likes Given: 41

Here is a good step-by-step for shipping beer.
http://www.homebrewtalk.com/f51/tuto...ng-beer-93042/

Old 05-28-2013, 04:28 PM   #158
427Cobra
Recipes 

Quote:
Originally Posted by NormPeterson
Being in Georgia I have access to lot of breweries that will only distribute to the southeast. Some of the breweries I have acess to are Red Hare (GA exclusive with only cans), Sweetwater (bottles), Terrapin (bottles), Red Brick (Most underrated brewery I America IMHO. bottles), Monday Night Eye Patch (bottles/may have cans), Blue Tarp (Newest Brewery in GA and I have not been able to get my hands on it yet). All of the breweries naturally have a limited distribution and a few have to be hunted. If TheMan allows it I would love to trade so I could get a good feel of how my local breweries hold up to others.
Hey Norm I think this will be a reoccurring thing so this round is filled up but I'm sure you can get in on the next one.

Old 05-28-2013, 04:34 PM   #159
427Cobra
Recipes 

Quote:
Originally Posted by LovesIPA
I never shipped beer before. I was planning on shipping them in a 12-pack box. Since I'm only shipping 10, I'll add two empties to fill it out. I was going to line the bottom with bubble wrap and fill the empty space at the top with crumpled up paper. Then tape the **** out of it. Do you guys think that the beer will make it there ok? Should I put each bottle in a ziplock to help prevent spillage if one breaks?
Yeah I put every bottle in its own zip lock bag then bubble wrap them. I also line all sides of box with bubble wrap and then fill in empty space with paper or plastic bags. Like TheMan said if you shake your box and nothing shifts you should be good.

Old 05-28-2013, 04:46 PM   #160
TheMan
HBT_SUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Put it this way, lovesipa, if a bottle breaks then they will have the box returned to you. If you opt not to replace the bottle, then you just pay to have it reshipped to your destination...which is prob $30 or more. If you are replacing the bottle too, then add that cost.

At a minimum its likely a $40 mistake if your bottle breaks. So $10 in extra packing materials is kind of a deal.

Quick Reply