Happy HolidaySs Giveaway - Winners Re-Re-Drawn - 24 hours to Claim!

Get your HBT Growlers, Shirts and Membership before the Rush!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brew Market > Sampling and Critiquing and Beer Swapping > Kalamazoo,MI brewer interested in homebrew exchanges

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-16-2011, 12:27 AM   #11
Desrever
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts
Likes Given: 7

I'm in South Bend, Indiana but I go to Bell's Brewery at least once a month I'd be glad to trade some Home Brews with you or anyone else for that matter send me a PM.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-16-2011, 08:08 AM   #12
AdamWiz
Recipes 

Liked 16 Times on 16 Posts
Likes Given: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fritobandito View Post
I'm from Rockford which is about 20 minutes out of Grand Rapids. If you are ever in GR, I'm interested in trading.
My wife is from Jenison, so I am in the Grand Rapids area quite frequently. I would be down to do some swaps, I'll send you a message next time I'll be in town. I have been meaning to check out the new homebrew shop in GR, O'Connor's. Have you been there yet?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Desrever View Post
I'm in South Bend, Indiana but I go to Bell's Brewery at least once a month I'd be glad to trade some Home Brews with you or anyone else for that matter send me a PM.
Send me a message whenever you'll be around, I'm up at Bell's A LOT. I buy most of my ingredients at their homebrew shop. I have a few new beers that I've bottled recently or am about to bottle: farmhouse ale w/ Brett, Anchor Steam clone, Patersbier, wheat wine, and chocolate/oatmeal milk stout.

Old 11-16-2011, 11:46 AM   #13
wpshadowens
HBT_SUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Default Hb4061

Here's an update on this bill.

November 11, 2011

Dear AHA, Brewers Association and Support Your Local Brewery Members,

Thanks to all of the calls and emails from supporters, House Bill 4061 has been passed by both the Michigan House (103 yeas, 4 nays) and Senate (38 yeas, 0 nays) and was signed into law by Governor Rick Snyder on November 10. The bill was supported by Michigan homebrewers and the AHA, and it allows homebrewers to serve homebrew at meetings and events held at Michigan breweries, bars and restaurants.

Until now, whenever a Michigan homebrew club met at a licensed establishment (microbrewery, brewpub or other establishment with a license to sell alcoholic beverages) for a club meeting, a homebrewing demonstration or a competition, they put their host's license at risk.

With the passage of HB 4061 these same hosts can now legally invite homebrew clubs and their members to participate in these activities. To ensure it is legal, a club needs written permission from the licensed establishment for their meeting or event.

Currently no "approved form" exists (guidance has been requested). For now, a letter that follows the intent of the bill must include:
The date and time of the event
The participating club
The location of the event
That the host acknowledges that it is not in control of unregulated beverages at its establishment (i.e. the club, not the host business, will be serving the homebrew), and agrees to assume liability under section 801(3) for the event.
Many thanks go to bill sponsor Representative Doug Geiss, who is also a homebrewer, and leading bill champion, AHA Governing Committee Chair Chris P. Frey of Saline, Mich.

Thanks for your support of Michigan homebrewers!

http://legislature.mi.gov/documents/...11-PA-0219.htm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Homercidal View Post
Senate will soon hear a bill allowing homebrew clubs to sample beer at some bars.

Old 11-16-2011, 01:33 PM   #14
Homercidal
HBT_MODERATOR.png

Recipes 

Liked 2429 Times on 1716 Posts
Likes Given: 1377

Nice!

Old 11-16-2011, 03:43 PM   #15
Fritobandito
Recipes 

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts
Likes Given: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdamWiz View Post
My wife is from Jenison, so I am in the Grand Rapids area quite frequently. I would be down to do some swaps, I'll send you a message next time I'll be in town. I have been meaning to check out the new homebrew shop in GR, O'Connor's. Have you been there yet?
A friend of a friend actually works there but I have yet to go. I still like Siciliano's way too much. I usually stop in there after class 2 or 3 times a week to grab a few beers and maybe some other homebrew stuff if a brew day is coming up.

Old 11-17-2011, 01:17 PM   #16
Svenhook
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Recipes 

I'm a new brewer from Grand Rapids. Once I get a few more batches under my belt I'd love to do some swapping. I'm making the switch to AG on my next attempt. Once I'm a bit more familiar with that I'll let you know and we can swap. My GF's brother is a student at WMU so I go down to K-zoo a few times a year

Old 11-19-2011, 01:40 PM   #17
cigarbob
Recipes 

Join klob there meeting is next monday night I think it is still at old dog tavern but may be at bells acrossed the street . Hope to see you there

Old 11-19-2011, 05:49 PM   #18
nukinfuts29
Recipes 

Liked 28 Times on 27 Posts
Likes Given: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdamWiz View Post

Send me a message whenever you'll be around, I'm up at Bell's A LOT. I buy most of my ingredients at their homebrew shop. I have a few new beers that I've bottled recently or am about to bottle: farmhouse ale w/ Brett, Anchor Steam clone, Patersbier, wheat wine, and chocolate/oatmeal milk stout.
O'Connor's is pretty good. You guys are LUCKY, GR has some of the best brews in the country. I miss the Grand Raggity only for that, don't miss ir for a single thing else lol.

My Recipes: Drunken Emu Hard Cider, Drunken Emu Mississippi River Water
The Jack Keller Collection

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cpt_Kirks View Post
Patience, my Padawon. The yeast can sense your tension.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Revvy View Post
Maybe you want to educate yourself instead of just having a bunch of pre-conceived notions based on ignorance.

Quick Reply