Happy HolidaySs Giveaway - Winners Re-Re-Re-Re-Drawn - 24 hours to Claim!

Get your HBT Growlers, Shirts and Membership before the Rush!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brew Market > Sampling and Critiquing and Beer Swapping > Kalamazoo,MI brewer interested in homebrew exchanges

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-06-2011, 10:31 AM   #1
AdamWiz
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 16 Times on 16 Posts
Likes Given: 4

Default Kalamazoo,MI brewer interested in homebrew exchanges

Hello all,

I live in Kalamazoo, MI and am looking for some people to exchange homebrews with for sampling and critique. I don't have a lot of friends who are into good beer, so I am not getting very constructive feedback on my beers. And the local homebreweing club does a lot of their meetings in bars, so you can't bring beer for sampling(90% of my reason to join a club would be to taste other's beers and have them taste mine - why a homebrewing club would conduct their meetings in a bar is beyond me). I am looking for any homebrewers within a reasonable distance that I could do some exchanges with. Like I said, I live in SW Michigan, but I go to Grand Rapids, Flint, and the Detroit area a lot also. Anyone interested?

-Adam

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-17-2011, 01:29 PM   #2
devanmc
Recipes 

Im located in novi currently but will be back at WMU in the fall. Once im back at school we could easily swap brews.

I do AG brewing. First batch will be done next week, which is a smoked Schwartz ale, start the second today with is a blue moon clone. after that it will be a amber ale and hefeweizen.

Old 06-19-2011, 01:50 AM   #3
AdamWiz
Recipes 

sounds good to me - send me a message when you are going to be in town.

Old 06-19-2011, 03:21 PM   #4
devanmc
Recipes 

Itll be a few months till im going to be in kalamazoo again. late august early september

Old 07-06-2011, 03:55 AM   #5
Cwetherford
Recipes 

i live in lapeer but i'll be up in kazoo soon to see my buddy. so if any of you guys wanted to trade i am finishing up my american cream ale in 2 weeks is anyone interested in trading a 6 pack or anything?

Old 07-06-2011, 04:45 AM   #6
AlphaWolf-Brewery
Recipes 

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

I live in Battle Creek, and makes trips to Kzoo frequently for Drakes Party store. Wouldnt mind trading a few homebrews.

Old 07-06-2011, 01:30 PM   #7
Homercidal
HBT_MODERATOR.png

Recipes 

Liked 2432 Times on 1718 Posts
Likes Given: 1387

Senate will soon hear a bill allowing homebrew clubs to sample beer at some bars.

Old 07-06-2011, 05:02 PM   #8
AdamWiz
Recipes 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cwetherford View Post
i live in lapeer but i'll be up in kazoo soon to see my buddy. so if any of you guys wanted to trade i am finishing up my american cream ale in 2 weeks is anyone interested in trading a 6 pack or anything?
I'm down with that if I'm around. Send me a message whenever you'll be around. I have several batches that are about to be bottled: ESB, hoppy wheat, cream ale, 1908 kentucky common(my first attempt at a sour mash). I have been brewing like mad to prepare some entries for the upcoming Michigan Beer Cup competition, and I'd love to have some feedback.
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlphaWolf-Brewery View Post
I live in Battle Creek, and makes trips to Kzoo frequently for Drakes Party store. Wouldnt mind trading a few homebrews.
same thing: just send me a message whenever you'll be around and if I'm here we can meet. BTW, Drakes does have a good selection, but if you want even more beer selection here in kzoo, Tiffany's has about the most different beers I've ever seen in one place.

Old 07-09-2011, 04:46 AM   #9
randallr
Recipes 

Hey Adam. I'm in Kazoo right now and would be more than happy to trade. My parents live in Portage and I am only here occasionally. I will be here for a week or so though. Right now I have an English IPA with me. Shoot my an e-mail at richardjrandall88@gmail.com

Old 11-16-2011, 12:21 AM   #10
Fritobandito
Recipes 

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts
Likes Given: 2

I'm from Rockford which is about 20 minutes out of Grand Rapids. If you are ever in GR, I'm interested in trading.

Quick Reply