Happy HolidaySs Giveaway - Winners Re-Re-Re-Re-Drawn - 24 hours to Claim!

Get your HBT Growlers, Shirts and Membership before the Rush!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brew Market > Sampling and Critiquing and Beer Swapping > jmulligan's Ed's Haus Pale Ale

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-16-2009, 06:45 AM   #1
Brewsmith
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 31 Times on 29 Posts

Default jmulligan's Ed's Haus Pale Ale

I'm trying jmulligan's Pale Ale that she sent me in a swap. This is the first beer of hers that I have tried. Here goes...

Poured from a 12 oz bottle, bottle conditioned, into a pint Willi Becher style glass.

Aroma - Grainy, biscuity with some yeasty fruitiness in there, some green apple.

Appearance - Deep golden with a very small white head that faded quickly. Great clarity

Flavor - Grainy malt flavor, with a slight astringency in the background, like grain husks. Very dry. Hop presence is mostly just the bittering balancing even with the malt.

Mouthfeel - Feels a little thin, and carbonation is a little light. A little more CO2 should help the mouthfeel.

Overall - Not too bad. I think the grain bill works, but there may have been a little over-sparging or something like that. Other than that I'd go for a little more malt sweetness, maybe a less attenuative yeast, or a touch more crystal, and the hops could be a little bolder all around, bitterness and flavor/aroma additions. A little tweaking and you've got a great beer.

Fermenting:#160 Apollo/Calypso Pale Ale
Kegged:#153 Old Helicon Barleywine 2013, #157 Irish Red, #158 Mosaic IPA, #159 Bravo/Delta ESB
Up Next:Brown Porter, American Stout, Imperial Stout
My Recipes
Tuba Sonata

Smith & Co. Custom Tap Handles

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply