Spike Brewing 12.5 Conical Fermenter Giveaway - Enter Now!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brew Market > Sampling and Critiquing and Beer Swapping > I'd love to try some of your beer!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-05-2009, 07:31 PM   #1
shaundesjardins
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Default I'd love to try some of your beer!

Anybody want to send me some of your beer? I'll pay for the shipping to have it sent to me and I'll even ship the bottles back if you want.

Make sure you include as much info about the beer as possible.
I'll make sure to write up a full review of the beer so you can get an outsider's opinion on it.

I would be looking for 1 bottle only of course. I'm simply looking to try different brews of members have created to get an idea of what is possible with homebrewing. I don't know anyone local that homebrews so I'd love to try your creations.

Any takers?
I'll make sure to offer some of my brews to anyone interested once and I create my own recipe. (still just learning the basics and using kits)

Last edited by shaundesjardins; 01-05-2009 at 07:33 PM.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-06-2009, 08:50 PM   #2
BlindLemonLars
Conqueroo Brew
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 10 Times on 10 Posts
Likes Given: 31

Do you have a homebrew club in your area? Mine meets each month, and we taste a wide variety of beers...usually 6-8 commercial, followed by 15-20 homebrews. I can't imagine a better scenario for tasting a wide variety of homebrew.

Old 01-07-2009, 01:24 PM   #3
shaundesjardins
Recipes 

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlindLemonLars View Post
Do you have a homebrew club in your area? Mine meets each month, and we taste a wide variety of beers...usually 6-8 commercial, followed by 15-20 homebrews. I can't imagine a better scenario for tasting a wide variety of homebrew.
I wish I knew of a club in my area. I agree that would be the best way to try different brews. I posted a message in the introductions forum asking for local people to make themselves known. I'd love to join a local homebrew club or even eventually start one if there isn't already one.

Old 01-07-2009, 01:31 PM   #4
Yooper
Ale's What Cures You!
HBT_ADMIN.png

Recipes 

Liked 4369 Times on 3177 Posts
Likes Given: 850

We've done quite a few beer swaps, but many of us are in the US and can't ship beer out of the country!

Old 01-18-2009, 05:53 AM   #5
Will-L
Recipes 

I'm in the Ottawa area as well , I agree it would be nice to have a decent local gathering to exchange tips , tricks and sample each other's creations.

Who knows , let's wait and see if we have others on the forums here that live in our area.

Old 01-20-2009, 12:44 AM   #6
Brewer_Steve
Recipes 

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

I'm in Ottawa and I'd be very interested in this. Unfortunately, I'm just getting started and don't have much to offer yet... I've made a decent stout from extract, but that's just about gone. I have a nut brown bottled, but I'm skeptical that it will turn out. I have some Apfelwein that should be ready in a month. Lastly, I have a Ed's Haus Pale Ale fermenting. Like I said, I'm just starting out, so I don't quite have a pipeline setup yet...

Old 01-21-2009, 05:05 AM   #7
Will-L
Recipes 

Well that's already more than me steve... I just started last month and only have a batch of Coopers Ale and
a batch of Munton's anniversary Ale bottled and aging. We all got to start somewhere I guess.

Old 01-23-2009, 03:28 PM   #8
shaundesjardins
Recipes 

We should do an Ottawa meetup sometime and do a beer sampling.
I only have 3 batches under my belt and only 1 of them that I really like so far. (Hefeweizen)

Old 01-23-2009, 03:29 PM   #9
shaundesjardins
Recipes 

Where have you guys been buying your supplies?
I've only been buying from Defalco's in Orleans so far but I'll be buying from Austin Homebrew Supply soon too.

Old 01-23-2009, 04:37 PM   #10
d_m_s_00
Recipes 

I’m in Ottawa too and would be interested in this as well. Also been dealing with Defalcos… ugh, overpriced and interesting how they store dry yeast on a shelf when they have a half empty hops fridge, but it’s the best we have for a retail LHBS, I think. Have you guys joined Members of Barleyment? Members of Barleyment - Canada's Virtual Brewclub they have a mailing list where they organize group buys/tasting etc. I just joined to try to get in on some group buys and meet some homebrewers in the area. The list is a bit of a pain compared to discussion forms, but it keeps them connected.
If you guys meet up I’ll gladly bring some samples, plus I’ve only tasted one other person’s homebrew, and it was his first batch.
I have some kits done (brewhouse kit cream ale and red ale) plus some AG beers, APA in the keg, Special bitter in bottles (as of yesterday) and an English IPA fermenting. Been brewing AG for about 3 years now and made about 20-30 batches so far.

Quick Reply