Kegconnection Complete Starter Kit and More Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brew Market > Sampling and Critiquing and Beer Swapping > HBT Comps?

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-05-2009, 01:14 PM   #31
HOP-HEAD
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 9 Times on 8 Posts

Has there been any movement on this front since mid-march?

Count me in if it ends up happening... and let me know if there's something a fellow Michigander can do to help.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-05-2009, 01:22 PM   #32
Yooper
Ale's What Cures You!
HBT_ADMIN.png

Recipes 

Liked 4280 Times on 3119 Posts
Likes Given: 825

It's going to be $5 for the first entry and $2 for each additional entry. Entries will be due on or around September 15. Each entry will consist of two 12 ounce bottles (brown) with regular caps. No Grolsch style bottles. You may send one entry per substyle. With BJCP styles that have no substyle, you may send one per style.

BOS prize is a 20 gallon Blichman Brewpot, donated by Brewmaster's Wearhouse. Other prizes will be awarded, too, donated by our vendors and ribbons will be awarded for each place. Scoresheets will be returned with the judge's comments and scores.

Full information, including the rules, will be posted this summer. The entries will be judged by a panel of BJCP judges.

Old 04-05-2009, 09:16 PM   #33
Jim Karr

Recipes 

Liked 5 Times on 4 Posts

Yippee, Yooper! I want to play this game! I actually have a pale ale that might be drinkable.........

As for me and my household, we shall serve the Lord. Joshua

"God is great, beer is good, people are crazy." Some country artist

Old 04-05-2009, 09:34 PM   #34
Yooper
Ale's What Cures You!
HBT_ADMIN.png

Recipes 

Liked 4280 Times on 3119 Posts
Likes Given: 825

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Karr View Post
Yippee, Yooper! I want to play this game! I actually have a pale ale that might be drinkable.........
Well, good! Glad to hear it.

Here's the thread I'm updating: http://www.homebrewtalk.com/f20/hbt-...ontest-110603/

The prize list will be available after June 1. We already have some good ones! The aforementioned Blichman pot by Brewmaster's Warehouse, of course, and some gift certificates to some of our vendors, as well as other prizes and of course ribbons.

One of the best things about being in a contest is getting back your scoresheets with the judge's comments. Sometimes they hurt, but they always have constructive help (keep fermentation temperatures under better control, use more aroma hops, etc) on them.

So, brew much and plan ahead for the competition! First 300 entries will be accepted, and I'll put the entry dates up well in advance.

Quick Reply