Kegconnection Complete Starter Kit and More Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brew Market > Sampling and Critiquing and Beer Swapping > Getting involved

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-12-2007, 07:21 AM   #1
AleHole
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 5 Times on 1 Posts

Default Getting involved

How do I get involved in the beerswap? My first AG is getting bottled next week and think it would be cool to have it critiqued (hopefully its drinkable ) . I also think it would be fun to sample other homebrewers beer. How many bottles do you all usually send? I may not be able to critique as well as some, but will give it my best to try.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-12-2007, 11:47 AM   #2
the_bird
10th-Level Beer Nerd
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 354 Times on 292 Posts
Likes Given: 95

There will be another one coming up in a couple months. The deadline's already passed for this one, swap partners were long ago assigned. Nothing to keep you from swapping directly with other people on the board, though, if you can arrange something.

"I'm kind of toasted. But I looked at my watch and it's only 6:30 so I can't stop drinking yet." - Yooper's Bob
"Brown eye finally recovered after the abuse it endured in Ptown last weekend, but it took almost a full week." - Paulie
"no, he just doesn't speak 'stupid'. i, however, am fluent...." - motobrewer
"... I'll go both ways." - Melana

That'll do, Pigley. That'll do.

Old 03-12-2007, 01:04 PM   #3
AleHole
Recipes 

Liked 5 Times on 1 Posts

Ok, that will give me time to get some beer conditioned. Looking forward to the next swap

Old 03-28-2007, 04:03 PM   #4
joebou4860

Recipes 

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

I missed out on this one too.
If you want to swap a couple..you know, for practice... I would be willing

Old 03-28-2007, 05:04 PM   #5
Sir Humpsalot
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 81 Times on 65 Posts
Likes Given: 22

I'm a new AGer as well. I have a quasi-hob goblin clone that's about to be racked to secondary, an ESB that will be bottled in about a week, and a maibock that's been fermenting for about 2 months and is tasting incredibly malty and smooooth.

I'll trade with ya. What'd ya brew?

Old 03-29-2007, 01:49 PM   #7
mot
Recipes 

Liked 2 Times on 1 Posts

Id be happy to swap to, in a few weeks once I get more than one beer going!

Do they have the sign up things in this thread when it come around every few months

Old 03-29-2007, 02:05 PM   #8
AleHole
Recipes 

Liked 5 Times on 1 Posts

Wow I forgot about this thread. Maybe we could work something out and get our own beer swap going. I have my first AG bottled that is ready to go, a Mac & Jacks African Amber clone. I just bottled my second AG yesterday, Denny's Rye IPA(hopefully its ok, I discovered my airlock and bung laying on the floor next to the secondary. Thanks to my son it was like that about 14-15 hours). I also have a couple of extract batch's bottled of a Black Butte Porter clone, and an Imperial IPA but that's more like an APA to me.

Brewtopia, I would be willing to meet with ya and swap a few beer's. I have a feeling you have a lot more experience brewing than me so my beer is probably not as good as what you are used to drinking. Where do you live? I am in Des Moines about a 30 minute drive from downtown.

Also, how do you ship beer? What is the best way to package, and who is the best to ship through, i.e. USPS, Fed EX, UPS?

Old 03-29-2007, 02:34 PM   #9
mot
Recipes 

Liked 2 Times on 1 Posts

Des Moines, mnpls mn here so shipping would be fairly cheap! Ill take a 6 pack right now while I am waiting for my first beer to finish. lol

As for the packaging I dont know what the others have did. I would assume alot of bubble wrap and peanuts with some card board walls for sturcture inside the box so things are not rolling around

Old 03-29-2007, 03:04 PM   #10
AleHole
Recipes 

Liked 5 Times on 1 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by mot
Des Moines, mnpls mn here so shipping would be fairly cheap! Ill take a 6 pack right now while I am waiting for my first beer to finish. lol

As for the packaging I dont know what the others have did. I would assume alot of bubble wrap and peanuts with some card board walls for sturcture inside the box so things are not rolling around
You must think Iowa? Sorry I am in Des Moines WA. A suburb of Seattle. We could still swap a couple beer's though

Quick Reply