FT: NG R&D Wild Peach ISO: Some Great stuf

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TallDan

Internet Hobo - Sheepmaster
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
I got up to New Glarus this weekend and got some of the Peach from the release that brought the world Very Sour Blackberry last year. This beer is bringing in some big trades, so if you're interested, let me know what you have!

Wish I had something (beer) for you. You are going to make out good on this.

Is it just as good as VSB?

Wish I had something (beer) for you. You are going to make out good on this.

Is it just as good as VSB?

Initial reviews that I've read are that it's very good, but not quite as good as VSB. Also not as sour and with more fruit than VSB. I haven't ever even seen VSB and won't know what the Wild Peach tastes like until tomorrow. (Tomorrow is my birthday so I just put a bottle in the fridge to enjoy then, the rest are in the cellar.

Initial reviews that I've read are that it's very good, but not quite as good as VSB. Also not as sour and with more fruit than VSB. I haven't ever even seen VSB and won't know what the Wild Peach tastes like until tomorrow. (Tomorrow is my birthday so I just put a bottle in the fridge to enjoy then, the rest are in the cellar.

Well that will be one hell of a birthday, hope it is full of awesome birthday stuff! :mug:

:ban::ban:Happy birthday!:ban::ban:

Well that will be one hell of a birthday, hope it is full of awesome birthday stuff! :mug:

:ban::ban:Happy birthday!:ban::ban:

Thanks! Have the day off and I'm planning on brewing. Didn't plan ahead, so it looks like it'll be a Birthday SMaSH since the only grain I have on hand is 2row and MO and LHBS doesn't open until 11. :D

Just curious if you made any trades or what was offered for this? I am unsure as to what this is trading for. It seems a bit vague on the trading sites. Thanks!

Not that it matters, but in the trades I've completed...

1:1 VSP for Cantillon St. Lam
1+:1 VSP(and raspberry tart) for Cantillon Fou Foune
2:1 VSP for 3F Hommage

Done trading mine away, especially after actually having one on Sunday night, it is amazing.

So is this an auction or are you going to put up an ISO list?

No, not an auction. I don't have any real specific things I'm looking for, so i wasn't planning on putting up a list. I have a couple bottles I'm willing to trade off, so I figured that I'd post here and see who contacts me and what they're willing to trade.

Sounds like the op is looking for a big return on this

Not necessarily, maybe my post came across wrong, but I'm not trying to maximize this or anything, I just didn't want to give anyone the impression that I was looking to trade this for typical shelf beer. The beer I'm offering for trade is limited brewery-only release and based on the bottle i had last night, very tasty. I'm looking to trade for other beer that is similarly rare and delicious.

I've had PM offers with some rare Bruery beers and responded to a trade offer on another site for some rare Upland Sours. I might also be interested some of the beers absoluthamm listed as getting in trade if anyone has those to offer.

I have one bottle a friend got for me and was after another. Was just curious if a SARA Quality of Life would pull one? I am unsure of bottle counts or cost on the SARA. Any input? Am I over/under? Offers? ;)

Stuff like this makes me mad.... I waited in line (was #743 out of 750) to get my Wild Peach.
Then you have people like this.
If you didn't want to keep the beer and drink it, then don't come to the release.

The bottle was $8. I GAVE away a Very sour Blackberry a few months ago.

Darn FIBs.

*Sorry for the rant - Done Venting*

Stuff like this makes me mad.... I waited in line (was #743 out of 750) to get my Wild Peach.
Then you have people like this.
If you didn't want to keep the beer and drink it, then don't come to the release.

Darn FIBs.

*Sorry for the rant - Done Venting*

I don't understand why you are mad.

I waited in line both Saturday and Sunday, there were three bottle releases. I was in the 300-500 range each time, which means i got there earlier than you. (Left home around 6, got there around 8:15.) You must have been there on Friday if you waited in a line for #743, on Saturday and Sunday there were tickets left after everyone in the line got theirs and people were able to just walk up, get tickets, then walk over and buy the bottles.

All I am looking to do is share this great beer with some others that otherwise wouldn't be able to try it (did a trade with a guy in PA and a MAW grant to NY) and have them share some great beer with me that I otherwise would not be able to try. I'm not auctioning it off to the highest bidder to make a profit, so I'm not sure what there is to get upset about.

What people do with their beer is their own business. Have you ever had a bottle of Dark Lord, or Darkness or Huna, or any other beer that was a brewery release that YOU didn't stand in line for?

You could say that about ANY beer that is traded though. Why not leave any beer limited beer on the shelf or at the brewery(that you planned on trading) so that the next person could pick it up? This is how people across the country are able to try something in return for their equally limited/great beer. I would have a bigger problem if he was going to try and sell it on mbc for like $500.

It was extremely generous of you to give your VSB away in the MAW, but really, it was a trade. You gave that up in return that you were able to put up a MAW list. You could have potentially gotten a $100 beer from your MAW grantor for putting up your $8 beer.

I have to agree with talldan and the others.

I buy multiples of rare and limited beers so that I can trade them for other rare beers that I cannot buy locally. No one will give me a huna for a sixer of anti hero....so, I go to dark lord day with the very intention of trading off multiples of them.

Id rather have 4 different beers than four of the same.

And absolutehamm hit it on the head, I do have a problem with people buying the beer just to resell it for monetary profit. That is wrong.

What people do with their beer is their own business. Have you ever had a bottle of Dark Lord, or Darkness or Huna, or any other beer that was a brewery release that YOU didn't stand in line for?

Fyi mike, darkness is sold on shelves. Why dont you just stick to bruery stuff ;)

It was extremely generous of you to give your VSB away in the MAW, but really, it was a trade. You gave that up in return that you were able to put up a MAW list. You could have potentially gotten a $100 beer from your MAW grantor for putting up your $8 beer.

If "GAVE away a VSB" was a MAW grant, then I also "gave away" a Wild Peach. I called it a trade because as stated, the MAW is really a trade, afterall.

I get it. Really I do. I guess I am just disenfranchised with the way that some people try to sell/trade their $8.00 bottle of beer for an exorbitant amount.

*Or maybe it is just the years of hating FIB's that is finally getting to me* :)

Oh nice, i have a fib
You sure do ;)
I get it. Really I do. I guess I am just disenfranchised with the way that some people try to sell/trade their $8.00 bottle of beer for an exorbitant amount.

*Or maybe it is just the years of hating FIB's that is finally getting to me* :)

fwiw, the bottles that I traded away, I responded to people's ISO:FT, I didn't put them out there, so it was them offering BIG to get the Peach, I wasn't demanding it. I don't think Dan was demanding it either, he just left it open to people. I even open-endedly gave a bottle to mikey. Told him he didn't have to send me anything in return, but being the nice guy he is, he sent me the BBoY plus some other stuff.

I need a real FIB. Also thanks Dan for sending me the peach. It should be landing tomorrow.

Yeah, I've been keeping a close eye on the packages I sent this week. I'm always anxious until I hear that everything has landed safely.

All FIB's are currently taken. If a spot opens up, i'll let you know

Everyone needs a FIB! :fro: We get great beer distribution and our locals are damn good! Maybe I'm bigmike99's FIB and I just don't know it yet.

Back