The Great Bottle Opener Giveaway

Home Brew Forums > Home Brew Market > Sampling and Critiquing and Beer Swapping > FT: Homebrew Rye IPA ISO: Your homebrew

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-06-2012, 05:51 PM   #11
nedvalton
HBT_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 13 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 56 Times on 39 Posts
Likes Given: 4

Jk im up for it if no response soon. I send ur way and u mine

"i never colored in the lines, i guess thats why i dont follow recipes"

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-07-2012, 03:54 AM   #12
divrguy
HBT_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 44 Times on 42 Posts
Likes Given: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhinoceroceros
I've got a ginger wheat that's ready to drink and an imperial stout fermenting, willing to do some trades
I'll trade a hopped Amarillo, Simcoe, Columbus for an imperial stout. I just bottled today. It won't be ready for 3 weeks. I'll set a calendar reminder and send you a message in 3 if you're in.

Dive Often! Play Hard and Have a homeBrew!

Old 10-07-2012, 03:56 AM   #13
divrguy
HBT_SUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Quote:
Originally Posted by aiptasia
I was so disappointed not to find any offers of homebrew trading in this sub-forum (at least not on page one). Screw all the commercial beers. Let's start something simple: A single 12 oz. bottle for your 12 oz. bottle.

I have a nice little Double Rye IPA that's ready to be sampled by someone. Anyone have another IPA, RIS or scotch wee heavy to trade?

Simple. One bottle for one bottle. Tape the cap to the neck, wrap it up in some bubble wrap, stick it in a small box and mail it out with delivery confirmation.

Anyone game?
Also, my hopped IPA for your rye.. I'll send you a message in 3 weeks when it's done conditioning.

Old 10-07-2012, 04:48 AM   #14
rhinoceroceros
HBT_SUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts
Likes Given: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by divrguy

I'll trade a hopped Amarillo, Simcoe, Columbus for an imperial stout. I just bottled today. It won't be ready for 3 weeks. I'll set a calendar reminder and send you a message in 3 if you're in.
Sounds good, I'm going to bottle that stout next weekend so it should be ready right around the same time

Old 10-07-2012, 04:55 AM   #15
weirdboy
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 424 Times on 345 Posts
Likes Given: 58

I have a rye IPA that scored 39 in a competition a couple weeks ago that I'd be willing to trade. Although to be fair, I don't think the rye is particularly prominent...you have to be looking for it to notice it IMO.

Old 10-07-2012, 01:49 PM   #16
divrguy
HBT_SUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Quote:
Originally Posted by weirdboy
I have a rye IPA that scored 39 in a competition a couple weeks ago that I'd be willing to trade. Although to be fair, I don't think the rye is particularly prominent...you have to be looking for it to notice it IMO.
I'll trade a hop bomb for yours too. I just finished my last rye last night. It only had about 12% rye in it but it was a great rye and I need to make a new batch soon. My pipeline has about run out. I mis-timed my last batches. I usually have some coming out of condition before I actually run out but a nephews wedding and a few visits from relatives wiped me out! Lol

Old 10-19-2012, 04:50 AM   #17
knucklenitz
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 6 Times on 3 Posts
Likes Given: 3

I have a bourbon barrel porter I'd be willing to trade someone for a barleywine or some other beer to age. I should note that it's the faux version; oak cubes and Maker's Mark in the secondary...

10/20/12 bottles left
Six 12 oz
Twelve 22 oz

Old 10-19-2012, 04:59 AM   #18
weirdboy
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 424 Times on 345 Posts
Likes Given: 58

Quote:
Originally Posted by divrguy View Post
I'll trade a hop bomb for yours too. I just finished my last rye last night. It only had about 12% rye in it but it was a great rye and I need to make a new batch soon. My pipeline has about run out. I mis-timed my last batches. I usually have some coming out of condition before I actually run out but a nephews wedding and a few visits from relatives wiped me out! Lol
Uh, I just screwed up. I totally forgot about this thread and now I have probably less than a pint left in the bottom of my keg.

I will make it again, though...that was a very tasty brew. I have another IPA in the pipeline that's going to take that tap in another week or two, but it's a new recipe that I just wrote for a sort of competition in my brew club where we are trying to clone a local brew.

Quick Reply