Craft Beer MAW(Easy Version)

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Fair enough. Going forward starting with the next list, and I'll edit the OP for this, granting the current wish list can only be done in the open thread. Its the best way to keep things as transparent as possible so everyone at anytime can be on the same page.

I realize this confusion was caused on my part by letting people PM to confirm grants. Banesong/Nickfern seeing as how we've been allowing people to grant via PM I encourage you two to discuss in private who will pick up the current list. If you cant come to a mutual decision or either has any issue with this feel free to PM about it. Sorry for the confusion.

And just to comment on this new rule, do not feel that you cannot PM the current lister about being able to grant (although you dont need to) but do so after you post in this thread. Sometimes it is easier to see a PM than when checking the thread. But again, post in this thread first when you are able to grant.

Fair enough. Going forward starting with the next list, and I'll edit the OP for this, granting the current wish list can only be done in the open thread. Its the best way to keep things as transparent as possible so everyone at anytime can be on the same page.

It would also be helpful if the wisher confirms the grant in the main thread. Usually this happens and is not an issue, but there are times where it's unclear if the grant was confirmed or if someone just posts a grant then a list without getting confirmation from the wisher. Maybe I'm just an easily confused and/or suspicious person... :D

I have no problem backing off again if you all feel that Nickfern gets it. Another will come along later. My bad, I thought I had posted that I was sending a PM.

And just to comment on this new rule, do not feel that you cannot PM the current lister about being able to grant (although you dont need to) but do so after you post in this thread. Sometimes it is easier to see a PM than when checking the thread. But again, post in this thread first when you are able to grant.

Absolutely..... well said.

It would also be helpful if the wisher confirms the grant in the main thread. Usually this happens and is not an issue, but there are times where it's unclear if the grant was confirmed or if someone just posts a grant then a list without getting confirmation from the wisher. Maybe I'm just an easily confused and/or suspicious person... :D

This is how its supposed to go. No list should go up until its been confirmed in the open thread so we all know what's going on. I try to watch the thread daily but I don't catch everything. If there's ever any confusion just point it out in the open thread or PM me if need be.

No list should go up until its been confirmed in the open thread so we all know what's going on.

Just wanted to clear up an error on my part in this quote. Originally the MAWs were set up in a way that a new list couldn't go up until it had been confirmed. A little while ago we all agreed to modify this in the format so once a list was claimed the granter could go ahead and get their list up. With the new tweak making it necessary to only claim someone's list in the open thread I think we can keep this format without any confusion. We all can see who's stepped up to claim the list so there's no need to kill the threads momentum. Sorry for any confusion....you all are keeping me on my toes today :D

A short list, as I am at work right now, more to follow:

Heretic
Heady
Westbrook gose
Revolution anti hero
Blakkar
Prairie
3 Floyds
Lawson's Finest Liquids
Jester King

And I just PM'ed a tracking number. Going upstairs to print a label so the grant full of wonders from Washington can hit the road.

Dang, that was quick!

Just out of curiosity, I keep seeing people posting "Heretic". Is this referring to the brewery, or a specific beer?

Heretic is the new brewery owned by Jamil Zanishef (spelling?) of 'Brewing Classic Styles' fame.

If you live in "The Natural State" you might want to hit Home Depot on the way home for some lumber. FedEx says they are dropping a bomb tomorrow...

Perfect. I'm there now. I'll get some more concrete :D

Sent from my iPhone using Home Brew

Yeah I know the brewery, in fact I've met Jamil a few times. I just didn't realize this was something lots of people wanted to get their hands on.

I personally have been an avid listener to the BN for about four years and basically from The Jamil Show, I learned how to turn my mediocre homebrew into pretty darn good homebrew (I'm very critical of my own beers). Ever since he went professional I've been wanting to try Jamil's beers but Heretic doesn't distribute to TX. This thread is a great way people not in CA or ID can possibly try his beers.

I personally have been an avid listener to the BN for about four years and basically from The Jamil Show, I learned how to turn my mediocre homebrew into pretty darn good homebrew (I'm very critical of my own beers). Ever since he went professional I've been wanting to try Jamil's beers but Heretic doesn't distribute to TX. This thread is a great way people not in CA or ID can possibly try his beers.

But I don't think I've seen it in an emaw yet. I may just have to make a road trip.

I've yet to have anything from Heretic but I'd definitely like to see what his brews are all about. I know with all the work he's done for the homebrew community he's got a lot to live up to though. Not that he can't or wont but he's set the bar pretty high for himself for what people are going to expect. I myself being one of those people.

OK, it looks like I'm making the road trip to Heretic on Sunday. I wish it was my turn with the horse head.

Back