Craft Beer MAW

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
another thing about adding a cascade is although a 2013 or even 2014 might be available online, but what if someone has a 2011 or something older that is ready now. We just had two 2011s last weekend and they were crazy good.

They have some 2011's and 2012's for sale right now ;)

Hey guys! My daughter had surgery really early yesterday, and i had to work the rest of the day so
I wanted to post this last night but for some reason couldn't connect to the forum. I had to uninstall the app and install it again. Now it works and now I can thank Nate for his generosity. Thanks alot! Awesome box for sure! It'll be my first time trying the beers that you sent and I can't wait. Here's a crappy pic. (I was at work so had to ask the misses to open the box and snap a pic. for me. The crappy pic was surprising since she's a photographer lol)
Pelican: stormwatcher, mother of all storms!
Fort George: the optimist, sunrise opa, vortex ipa, cavatica stout (regular, rye and rum)
Oakshire: the perfect storm
North Coast: old stock cellar reserve
HELL YES! THANK YOU!

1402674281980.jpg

Thanks Mike! She's feeling better, just in alot of pain. She probably slept more in 1 day than I have in a week!

Pelican: stormwatcher, mother of all storms!
Fort George: the optimist, sunrise opa, vortex ipa, cavatica stout (regular, rye and rum)
Oakshire: the perfect storm
North Coast: old stock cellar reserve
HELL YES! THANK YOU!

You are welcome. That is from Nate and I, since I'm not at 100 posts yet. I think Mike is hooking us up and I think it might be sitting down at Nate's work as we speak for me to go grab while he is out of town.

I still have my stormwatcher and mother of all storms in the fridge for this pelican tasting we still have yet to do (along with two other pelicans). The perfect storm seemed like a good fit for the theme and had to throw in one big IPA. The North coast I was willing to part with since Nate has one we hope to try soon, guy at the shop said he had one of the other last ones and it is awesome now, no reason to cellar it. And Fort George is only available around here, and they are doing awesome stuff. Their newest the optimist (3Way wasn't out yet when we sent this), their three standards which are excellent, and then 2013 and 2014 barrel aged stouts from the last two festival of the dark arts. Any of you ever get out to our area, you have to hit up Astoria and check out Fort George. Cheers!

You are welcome. That is from Nate and I, since I'm not at 100 posts yet. I think Mike is hooking us up and I think it might be sitting down at Nate's work as we speak for me to go grab while he is out of town.

I still have my stormwatcher and mother of all storms in the fridge for this pelican tasting we still have yet to do (along with two other pelicans). The perfect storm seemed like a good fit for the theme and had to throw in one big IPA. The North coast I was willing to part with since Nate has one we hope to try soon, guy at the shop said he had one of the other last ones and it is awesome now, no reason to cellar it. And Fort George is only available around here, and they are doing awesome stuff. Their newest the optimist (3Way wasn't out yet when we sent this), their three standards which are excellent, and then 2013 and 2014 barrel aged stouts from the last two festival of the dark arts. Any of you ever get out to our area, you have to hit up Astoria and check out Fort George. Cheers!

Thanks man! I managed to have 2 of rhe fort george beers last night and enjoyed them.
I am excited to drink the old stock with my bb rasputin. And the pelicans will be consumed on a barleywine night! Can't wait to drink through it all so i can run back for more!

Javier, you missed out on 3-way by probably a week. I'm not a huge Fort George fan but the 3-Way collab (Fort George, Boneyard, and Block 15) is stellar. The dark arts festival they do is a blast also, I drove up to it from Portland this year.

Oh and glad to hear that your daughter is doing well after the surgery.

Javier, you missed out on 3-way by probably a week. I'm not a huge Fort George fan but the 3-Way collab (Fort George, Boneyard, and Block 15) is stellar. The dark arts festival they do is a blast also, I drove up to it from Portland this year.

Oh and glad to hear that your daughter is doing well after the surgery.

Feel free to send me some :p
Thanks, she's up and running around. Pretty amazing how children that young can recover. She's definately a trooper. And she wants beer from Oregon (she told me! lol) jk she's 3

It looks like they tried to deliver it Saturday but it's coming to my work and we're not open on the weekends. Looks like it's rescheduled for tomorrow. Can't wait to see what's inside! Thanks again Big Mike!

If it was fed ex home delivery then you'll have to wait till Tuesday...home delivery doesn't operate on mondays. That would be a bummer.

If it was fed ex home delivery then you'll have to wait till Tuesday...home delivery doesn't operate on mondays. That would be a bummer.

Yea, that drives me crazy. I am trying to get better with letting people know it's a business address so that a) it gets delivered to me on time and b) it's a little bit cheaper in shipping

For those of us who print our own labels, i would suggest googling the address before shipping to make sure its a home or office address. Makes for no extra delays and sometimes cheaper shipping.

For those of us who print our own labels, i would suggest googling the address before shipping to make sure its a home or office address. Makes for no extra delays and sometimes cheaper shipping.

I print my own labels, but just click the "Confirm address" button when putting all of the other info in and it tells you right away if it's commercial or residential. On Fedex it does that, not sure on UPS.

Streetview also offers good before and after shots of porch destruction!

I print my own labels, but just click the "Confirm address" button when putting all of the other info in and it tells you right away if it's commercial or residential. On Fedex it does that, not sure on UPS.

Dang I have never noticed that. What a cool feature without having to creep on your recipient haha.

Streetview also offers good before and after shots of porch destruction!

My thoughts exactly :rockin:

MAW from Big Mike just showed up. I'll post some pictures soon but he definitely hooked me up! Finally got a bottle of Dark Lord and 2012 Black Tuesday along with some others. I'll go through the package better at lunch and post a couple of pics.

Thanks again Big Mike! You definitely knocked it out of the park on this one. Can't wait to try these two beers that have eluded me for so long.

bump. Current List

So here is the list...

CBS
Rare
BCBVS
Prop
St. Lam
Any LP Cantillon
VSB
KBBS
Assassin
Pirate Bomb
Any Bruery day of the week
DB Huna
Life is Like..
Lawson’s Double/Triple Sunshine
Remmy’s Pappy
BVDL
Any good SARA

Sorry about the time it took to get this together, but after all I was MAW virgin so I had to get a little warmed up.

Also wanted to let you guys know that I am open to other offers as well if nothing on here is doable for you. If you think you can put together a good MAW hit for a first-timer, just shoot me a message.

Cheers guys!

Here's the MAW from Big Mike. Thanks again for hooking it up!

FFF Dark Lord 14 (finally! I am so excited to try this one)
Heady Topper (easily my favorite IPA out there and totally unexpected)
Port Jeff Party Boat IPA (never heard of it, can't wait to try it tonight)
Homebrewed Wookey Jack clone (FW is one of my favorite breweries)
Homebrewed Zombie Dust clone (never had the original but have heard great things)
Southampton Saison Deluxe (just starting to get into saisons, never heard of this brewery)
Bruery Black Tuesday 12 (another one of my bucket list beers)

He also threw in a Crooked Ladder pint glass that will be added to the collection.

Thanks again for your generosity Big Mike!

BIG_MIKE_MAW.jpg

That's cool how you label your homebrews with the metallic pen. I'm gonna try that. Thanks Mike!

Here's the MAW from Big Mike. Thanks again for hooking it up!

FFF Dark Lord 14 (finally! I am so excited to try this one)
Heady Topper (easily my favorite IPA out there and totally unexpected)
Port Jeff Party Boat IPA (never heard of it, can't wait to try it tonight)
Homebrewed Wookey Jack clone (FW is one of my favorite breweries)
Homebrewed Zombie Dust clone (never had the original but have heard great things)
Southampton Saison Deluxe (just starting to get into saisons, never heard of this brewery)
Bruery Black Tuesday 12 (another one of my bucket list beers)

He also threw in a Crooked Ladder pint glass that will be added to the collection.

Thanks again for your generosity Big Mike!

Those gotta be two awesome clones!! great choices!!

Recipes both rock. The zd came out great and for the most part the Wookey has been well received. I altered the hops a little with the Wookey though. Time for a few citra-less recipes.

Ive been using them for marking the month and year on the bottom of bottles I cellar. Works great.

That's a good idea too. Just took inventory after a few beer orders, a few shopping trips, and an eMaw, FB trade, and a trip to Bend. Combined those with my other lists and my estimate of 100 beers on deck was way off. More like 175. And that doesn't include the Maw and 2 previous trades worth of beers at Nate's. I bet combined we are at 250 fridge and cellar. Time to get a metallic pen and start organizing...

I like the recipes :D

Just killed a keg of Wookey and brewed a bigger version of the ZD last weekend.

Where are the recipes!? Wookey is my favorite black IPA. I havent tried zombie dust yet. My 90 days is almost up so i can join in on those MAW and hopefully score some ZD or a clone

Where are the recipes!? Wookey is my favorite black IPA. I havent tried zombie dust yet. My 90 days is almost up so i can join in on those MAW and hopefully score some ZD or a clone

Just for your info when you hit your 90 days. You might want to look into the eMAW(easyMAW) too, that would be much more appropriate at this point to ask for ZD if you grant there. Although, you could grant here and if you put ZD on your list, who knows, you might get a case of it, lol.

Just for your info when you hit your 90 days. You might want to look into the eMAW(easyMAW) too, that would be much more appropriate at this point to ask for ZD if you grant there. Although, you could grant here and if you put ZD on your list, who knows, you might get a case of it, lol.

Im subscribed to both and the swap-o-rama to hear some feedback on my homebrews as well. All of these are awesome, i just hope i have something local that people will want to drink!

Id cry if i got a case of it! tears of joy of course!

Im subscribed to both and the swap-o-rama to hear some feedback on my homebrews as well. All of these are awesome, i just hope i have something local that people will want to drink!

Id cry if i got a case of it! tears of joy of course!

Being in SoCal, I don't think you'll have a problem with that, lol

Back