Ss Brewing Technologies Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brew Market > Sampling and Critiquing and Beer Swapping > Belma beer trade

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-09-2012, 04:36 AM   #11
Effingbeer
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 23 Times on 18 Posts

I'd be interested in a non official trade with an individual or two. I just got done brewing a modest IIPA with a gang of Belma to get as much flavor/aroma out of it as I know how. Even used 2.5oz of leaf in the hop rocket. I more interested in beers that use all Belma in flavor and aroma without adding Citra or Amarillo. Especially different yeast strains. I used Wyeast NW ale. Mine should be ready in a month or so.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-14-2012, 03:57 AM   #12
nukebrewer
Brew the brew!
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 10 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 2551 Times on 1501 Posts
Likes Given: 5735

How are we going to determine who sends their beer to whom? I'm not sure if any other supporting members have offered their support, but I would be willing to organize this group trade if no one else wants to.

The only thing more asinine than stupid rules is the enforcement of rules simply because they are the rules.

Inhopsicated: A Beer Blog

Inhopsicated on Twitter

Old 12-14-2012, 04:05 AM   #13
conneryis007
Recipes 

Liked 21 Times on 19 Posts
Likes Given: 15

I just brewed an all belma APA and I would be into the group swap idea.

Confused by the rule about supporting member. Does everyone have to be a paid member, or just the person "organizing" the swap?

On a side note I'm planning on becoming a member once I get a job...

Never underestimate how much assistance, how much satisfaction, how much comfort, how much soul and transcendence there might be in a well-made taco and a cold bottle of beer.

Old 12-14-2012, 04:09 AM   #14
bertsbeer
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts

The freaking rules around here seem to be very far reaching! It is supposed to be a beer forum.

Old 12-14-2012, 03:52 PM   #15
FATC1TY
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 129 Times on 108 Posts
Likes Given: 25

Quote:
Originally Posted by bertsbeer View Post
The freaking rules around here seem to be very far reaching! It is supposed to be a beer forum.
Exactly, so there needs to be some sort of accountability dealing with shipping/sharing alcohol, and none of which the site needs to be held liable for.

There's nothing against you contacting someone and swapping a few bottles to compare, but an organized, larger swap would be something that would need to be held to a different degree.

----------
Bubba's Backyard Brewery

Old 12-15-2012, 07:10 PM   #16
bertsbeer
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by FATC1TY View Post
Exactly, so there needs to be some sort of accountability dealing with shipping/sharing alcohol, and none of which the site needs to be held liable for.

There's nothing against you contacting someone and swapping a few bottles to compare, but an organized, larger swap would be something that would need to be held to a different degree.
I disagree. Nobody is looking to make this site liable for beers that don't show up.

Old 12-15-2012, 07:47 PM   #17
nukebrewer
Brew the brew!
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 10 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 2551 Times on 1501 Posts
Likes Given: 5735

Quote:
Originally Posted by bertsbeer View Post
I disagree. Nobody is looking to make this site liable for beers that don't show up.
I think it's more about just making sure the trade is successful and everyone has a good experience. Having said that, I don't see how having paid the membership fee somehow makes you more able to organize a group trade, but rules is rules. Maybe it's like the mob where you have to prove your loyalty before they give you any responsibility.

Like I said before, I'm more than willing to get the ball rolling on this, so if no one has any objections let's get this party started. Just PM me if you want to get in on the trade and let me know what kind of beer you'll be trading with. The rest of the details will be worked out as the trade deadline approaches.

The only thing more asinine than stupid rules is the enforcement of rules simply because they are the rules.

Inhopsicated: A Beer Blog

Inhopsicated on Twitter

Old 12-15-2012, 08:39 PM   #18
FATC1TY
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 129 Times on 108 Posts
Likes Given: 25

I'm in. I have a Belma/Galaxy IPA carbing now on tap. I'll fill from the tap and be happy to trade that, and some other beers. Local craft as well..

To make it worthwhile I think, everyone involved should obviously share their Belma Brew, and perhaps atleast 1 other beer style, doesn't have to have Belma in it. Maybe one you want some advice on, one you are proud of, or one you've been aging and want to have others taste. Shipping one beer will cost roughly the same as 2 or 3 beers.

2 homebrews, and I'd also bee game to include a local craft or two in the mix as well, something who ever is getting my box, can't get, or hasn't had. Or if you don't buy craft, some more homebrew. Would be fun to do a blind draw or match and go from there.

We need a deadline for entry, then time to pair people up.

----------
Bubba's Backyard Brewery

Old 12-15-2012, 09:10 PM   #19
conneryis007
Recipes 

Liked 21 Times on 19 Posts
Likes Given: 15

I like this idea fatc1ty has above!

One belma beer, one other homebrew and one craft beer that cant be found outside of your area (or a third homebrew if you cant find one). To make this exciting if this 3 beer plan goes down ill do pliny...and I hope somebody can do heady topper...

Never underestimate how much assistance, how much satisfaction, how much comfort, how much soul and transcendence there might be in a well-made taco and a cold bottle of beer.

Quick Reply