Kegconnection Complete Starter Kit and More Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brew Market > Sampling and Critiquing and Beer Swapping > Beerswap III: Evan!'s Beers

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-10-2007, 06:35 PM   #21
Evan!
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 69 Times on 61 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Oflanny is half right. It's a dunkelweizen. My house hefeweizen is called "Steffiweizen" (my wife's name is Steph)...so the dunkelweizen was a dark version of that, hence the Stunkelweizen.

.planned:
•Scottish 80/- •Sweet Stout •Roggenbier
.primary | bright:
98: Moss Hollow Soured '09 72: Oude Kriek 99: B-Weisse 102: Brett'd BDSA 104: Feat of Strength Helles Bock 105: Merkin Brown
.on tap | kegged:
XX: Moss Hollow Springs Sparkling Water 95: Gott Mit Uns German Pils 91b: Brown Willie's Oaked Abbey Ale 103: Merkin Stout
98: Yorkshire Special 100: Maple Porter 89: Cidre Saison 101: Steffiweizen '09 (#3)

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-20-2007, 07:30 PM   #22
Mutilated1
Beer Drenched Executioner
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 33 Times on 25 Posts

I tried the one labeled R10 last night.

I'm not really familiar with the style of beer, but I think this is one beer that I wouldn't really care to ever experience again. It was sour and syrupy and tasted strongly the way a banana laughy-taffy smells. For all I know thats how it was supposed to taste, but it would never occur to me to want to taste that beer again.

It was nowhere near as good as your other brews. Thanks for letting me try it though.

Old 12-20-2007, 07:48 PM   #23
landhoney

Recipes 

Liked 6 Times on 6 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mutilated1
I tried the one labeled R10 last night.
I'm not really familiar with the style of beer, but I think this is one beer that I wouldn't really care to ever experience again. It was sour and syrupy and tasted strongly the way a banana laughy-taffy smells. For all I know thats how it was supposed to taste, but it would never occur to me to want to taste that beer again.
It was nowhere near as good as your other brews. Thanks for letting me try it though.
It's his Rochefort 10 clone. BTW, Evan my reviews will be up after the 1st of the year, leaving for FL this weekend.

Old 12-22-2007, 08:19 AM   #24
fightguy
Recipes 

Liked 4 Times on 3 Posts

Sorry Evan, but it looks like it didn't work out as I am back in Alaska now. I hope you didn't already ship them to Oregon. Bummer!

www.bloodyknux.com

Old 12-22-2007, 01:28 PM   #25
Evan!

Recipes 

Liked 69 Times on 61 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by fightguy
Sorry Evan, but it looks like it didn't work out as I am back in Alaska now. I hope you didn't already ship them to Oregon. Bummer!
yeah, meant to PM you. I went to the UPS store with what I thought was plenty of time (like 9 or 10 days). Knowing that you were leaving the 21st, I asked them if they could guarantee that they could be there by then...they said that, because of the holiday rush, ground shipping was delayed and that it probably wouldn't make it by then. The next option up, which would have guaranteed it, was absurdly expensive, much more than simple ground to anchorage.

So after the new year when things have calmed down, I'll send them to Alaska for ya. Sorry this didn't work out---I didn't account for the christmas shipping deluge.

.planned:
•Scottish 80/- •Sweet Stout •Roggenbier
.primary | bright:
98: Moss Hollow Soured '09 72: Oude Kriek 99: B-Weisse 102: Brett'd BDSA 104: Feat of Strength Helles Bock 105: Merkin Brown
.on tap | kegged:
XX: Moss Hollow Springs Sparkling Water 95: Gott Mit Uns German Pils 91b: Brown Willie's Oaked Abbey Ale 103: Merkin Stout
98: Yorkshire Special 100: Maple Porter 89: Cidre Saison 101: Steffiweizen '09 (#3)

Quick Reply