Spike Brewing 12.5 Conical Fermenter Giveaway - Enter Now!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brew Market > Sampling and Critiquing and Beer Swapping > Beerswap III: Evan!'s Beers

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-19-2007, 03:19 PM   #1
Evan!
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 69 Times on 61 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Default Beerswap III: Evan!'s Beers

I'm sending beers to paulthenurse, Mrk305 and Mutilated1. Some people will get the same brews as others, but the three packages will not be identical. I'm sending:

CB: Basil Ale 07'er
CS: Lagunitas' Cappuccino Stout
GL: Li'l Brudder's Golden Lager
R10: Rochefort 10
SBJ: Sweet Baby Jesus Pale Ale
ST: Stunkelweizen
BW: The Burninator Barleywine 06'er
Meph: Mephistopheles Imperial Stout

Honesty is, of course, valued above undue praise. Enjoy!

.planned:
•Scottish 80/- •Sweet Stout •Roggenbier
.primary | bright:
98: Moss Hollow Soured '09 72: Oude Kriek 99: B-Weisse 102: Brett'd BDSA 104: Feat of Strength Helles Bock 105: Merkin Brown
.on tap | kegged:
XX: Moss Hollow Springs Sparkling Water 95: Gott Mit Uns German Pils 91b: Brown Willie's Oaked Abbey Ale 103: Merkin Stout
98: Yorkshire Special 100: Maple Porter 89: Cidre Saison 101: Steffiweizen '09 (#3)

Last edited by Evan!; 11-29-2007 at 12:58 PM.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-29-2007, 02:05 AM   #2
paulthenurse
HBT_SUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Location: Down by the rivah, Down by the banks of the Rivah Chahles.
Liked 219 Times on 189 Posts
Likes Given: 34

Hurry up Mr Postman, I'm thirsty.

Want to win the coolest trophy in Homebrewing? Come to Masstoberfest. September 27, 2014

Follow my Wood Fired Oven Build Thread here

Old 11-29-2007, 01:01 PM   #3
Evan!

Recipes 

It's not Mr. Postman's fault, it's mine. This week has been absurd for me. My business partners called an emergency meeting on Tuesday evening, then I had to wait for Dish Network at my house from 12-5 yesterday for an "appointment", then the bastards didn't show up till 5:30. Well, one of the guys showed up, but they were still waiting on the other guy with the right receiver to show up. So, long story short, they left around 7:30, and I now have HD DVR. By the time I ate dinner, UPS store was closed. So I'm just late. I promise 100% they're going out today. All apologies...if only the UPS store wasn't on the other side of town...

.planned:
.primary | bright:
98: Moss Hollow Soured '09 72: Oude Kriek 99: B-Weisse 102: Brett'd BDSA 104: Feat of Strength Helles Bock 105: Merkin Brown
.on tap | kegged:
XX: Moss Hollow Springs Sparkling Water 95: Gott Mit Uns German Pils 91b: Brown Willie's Oaked Abbey Ale 103: Merkin Stout
98: Yorkshire Special 100: Maple Porter 89: Cidre Saison 101: Steffiweizen '09 (#3)

Old 11-29-2007, 01:19 PM   #4
paulthenurse
HBT_SUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Aw, ****, I didn't mean it like that! I was at work and it was night from hell and I popped on the net during lunch. It was the only bit of fun I had from 7 pm until 7 am. Last night was a freakin' Retro Night. I haven't seen that many drunks in one night in 4 or 5 years. I added up the total blood alcohol level in the department at one point and it was over 4800. The 'average' person in the ED last night had a BAL of 347 mg/dl. That includes sober people. Those are professional drunks, boys and girls. Don't attempt to duplicate or imitate these drunks at home. You will die. I swear there was a three for one night somewhere in Boston last night and we were all pissed cause one one invited us. I was reading the forums, wishing I was 1/4 as drunk as the 'least drunk' drunk in the ED and posted what I did. I wasn't ragging you at all. Really. Sorry that it came across that way.

PTN

Want to win the coolest trophy in Homebrewing? Come to Masstoberfest. September 27, 2014

Last edited by paulthenurse; 11-29-2007 at 01:21 PM.

Old 11-29-2007, 01:49 PM   #5
Evan!

Recipes 

Quote:
Originally Posted by paulthenurse
Aw, ****, I didn't mean it like that! I was at work and it was night from hell and I popped on the net during lunch. It was the only bit of fun I had from 7 pm until 7 am. Last night was a freakin' Retro Night. I haven't seen that many drunks in one night in 4 or 5 years. I added up the total blood alcohol level in the department at one point and it was over 4800. The 'average' person in the ED last night had a BAL of 347 mg/dl. That includes sober people. Those are professional drunks, boys and girls. Don't attempt to duplicate or imitate these drunks at home. You will die. I swear there was a three for one night somewhere in Boston last night and we were all pissed cause one one invited us. I was reading the forums, wishing I was 1/4 as drunk as the 'least drunk' drunk in the ED and posted what I did. I wasn't ragging you at all. Really. Sorry that it came across that way.

PTN
Oh, no worries, I didn't think you were raggin me, I just wanted to let you know what was up with the delay. I was planning on PM'ing you this morning, but replied here instead.

.planned:
.primary | bright:
.on tap | kegged:

Old 11-30-2007, 12:50 AM   #6
mrk305
Beer Dude in the Sunset
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 11 Times on 11 Posts
Likes Given: 22

Default Beer Swap! Evans beers

I got beers from Evan (aka Moss Hollow Brewing Company) yesterday! Evan asked for no-holds barred criticism in return.

The first two (Stunkelweizen and L'il Brudders Golden Lager) were nicely made homebrews but did not have enough hops for a hop head like me. The more I homebrew it seems like the more I like the extra bite that I add to every batch now. Carbonation was good, beers were clean, but kind of malty for my taste. I suspected that from the descriptions, so I saved the best two for last....

The Cappaccino Stout was absolutley extrordinary. "Inundated with several shots of local Shenandoa Joe Cofee Roasters 'Dark Horse' Espresso" Holy Sh*t! This was amazing. I believe this beer would win awards.

Basil Ale 07"ER- described as a high gravity, high IBU copper ale with copious amounts of honey malt and fresh cinnamon-basil from Moss Hollow Brewing's Gardens. Another winner. Not too high gravity for me! Balanced with just the right amount of hops. Except for the cinnamon, which was a nice addition, this is exactly the kind of beer I have been trying to make. I haven't quite got there yet, unless I have something in a fermenter.

I liked getting 4 12oz' instead of 2 22'z. I will send out 4 12oz. next time. Out of 4 beers, I got two that are pretty much on par with my brewing skill level, and two that are way better than anything that I have ever brewed. Thanks Evan!

Old 12-03-2007, 08:32 PM   #7
Reidman
Recipes 

Liked 10 Times on 1 Posts

I didn't think the Meph was possible to brew for us homebrewer's (never say never I
guess), I would like to know how that turned out for whoever receive's it...

Also, how do you guys send beer through the mail so readily...and how much does it cost you...?

Old 12-03-2007, 08:33 PM   #8
olllllo
[]-O-[]
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 125 Times on 106 Posts
Likes Given: 13

I moved the OT banter here.

http://www.homebrewtalk.com/showthread.php?t=46796

At some point I'll delete this link as well.

Ginger Beer for Moscow Mules Bacon Vodka
Twitter

Old 12-04-2007, 12:12 AM   #9
Evan!

Recipes 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reidman
I didn't think the Meph was possible to brew for us homebrewer's (never say never I
guess), I would like to know how that turned out for whoever receive's it...

Also, how do you guys send beer through the mail so readily...and how much does it cost you...?
Meph...it's possible, but not easy.

Wrap each bottle VERY well in bubble wrap, then surround all that with newspaper and packing peanuts. Send it UPS and when they ask what you're sending, tell them "collectibles". Most of my shipments run me between 10 and 15 bucks.

.planned:
.primary | bright:
.on tap | kegged:

Old 12-04-2007, 05:00 PM   #10
paulthenurse
HBT_SUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Beer arrived this morning. I'm off all day and so want to try them, but I'll be a good dooby and let them sit to recover from their ordeal. Damnit!

Quick Reply