Spike Brewing 12.5 Conical Fermenter Giveaway - Enter Now!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brew Market > Sampling and Critiquing and Beer Swapping > Beerswap III: Bobby_M's Beers

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-03-2007, 02:46 PM   #11
Bobby_M
Vendor and Brewer
HBT_SPONSOR.png
Vendor Ads 
Feedback Score: 2 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 950 Times on 633 Posts
Likes Given: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orpheus
Wow,

This must be filtered!? Crystal clear on the pour right to the last drop in the bottle. Nice thick head. Gorgeous looking beer with a nice golden color.

Slightly sweet aroma with not much else going on. Interesting! Not at all what I was expecting when I took my first sip. Caramel flavor up front giving way to a slight bitterness for the finish.

I started with the two lighter beers. This one is also very nice and drinkable. I'm looking forward to trying the amber and pale. Those are my favorite styles.

Bobby, the first two are really masterfully made. Color me impressed!

And thanks for sharing!
Wow, thanks for the compliment. I know you wouldn't believe it but this beer is not filtered, it's just well cold conditioned by now. It was brewed in June and was an EXTRACT of all things This one was filled using the BMBF out of the keg. I do like this beer quite a bit and the only reason it's sat around this long is that not many people like the Belgian phenols and even I need to be in the mood for it. I tell people its "sort of like a Blue Moon" but it has the Belgian funk too it which many people take as "sour".

This is it:
Sightglass, Refractometer, Ball Valve, Weldless bulkhead, Thermometer, Decals, Stainless Steel Fittings, Compression Fittings, Camlock Quick Disconnects, Scale, RIMS tube, Plate Chiller, Chugger Pump, Super Clear Silicone Tubing, and more!

New Stuff?

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-05-2007, 05:37 AM   #12
eriktlupus
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 9 Times on 7 Posts

Default peach wheat

aroma:8eaches and hops nicely melded

appearance:3:awesome head start to finish, bmc gold like color, extremely clear

flavor:15: the taste of the peahes and tettnang together is reminisent of a bavarian krystal weiss ,sweetness!

mouthfeel:5: nice n light, carbonation is beautiful. very creamy in the mouth

overall:9: holy shiite bobby! that's aawesome

40/50

primary1 :UTOPIA BABY(still searching for it)
secondary:middling bastard ipa
kegged:simcoe blonde, crystal pale ale, yellow jacket golden ale, lemon shandy blonde
DRINKIN DAWG BREWERY
LET'S GO RED WINGS

join michigan mashers here

extraction calculator
grains in pounds(G) X 36(average points per gallon of grains) / batch size in gallons(g) = maximum efficiency(ME)
OG / ME = brewhouse efficiency

Old 12-06-2007, 04:48 AM   #13
eriktlupus

Recipes 

Liked 9 Times on 7 Posts

Default JD's wedding wit

aroma:malty/spicy nose qwithout hops or orange aromas

appearance:light metallic brass color very clear. excellent head going to a nice lace

flavor:wheat malt dominates upfront very little hops/ orange flavor,some very subdued spicy notes

mouthfeel: creamy feel good carb/nicely bubbly

overallretty good beer bobby. how yhou got a wit that clear i don't know

kegged:simcoe blonde, crystal pale ale, yellow jacket golden ale, lemon shandy blonde
DRINKIN DAWG BREWERY
LET'S GO RED WINGS

extraction calculator
grains in pounds(G) X 36(average points per gallon of grains) / batch size in gallons(g) = maximum efficiency(ME)

Old 12-06-2007, 04:50 AM   #14
eriktlupus

Recipes 

Liked 9 Times on 7 Posts

just reading posts on this and i didn't think of sour i thought more like a hefe tastes when old no ban/clove type esters just the malt and hops

DRINKIN DAWG BREWERY
LET'S GO RED WINGS

extraction calculator

Old 12-07-2007, 01:17 AM   #15
Orpheus

Recipes 

Liked 13 Times on 10 Posts

Okay, I'm ready to sample some of the APA,

Another of Bobby's beers pours crystal clear. A generous head atop a deep golden beer with just a hint of red.

Slightly citrus aroma thanks to the hops. A nice upfront roasted malt flavor followed by a slight taste of hops and residual bitterness. This reminds me of the Ed's Haus Ale I made. It's very nicely balanced and goes down easily. Another fine brew from Bobby M. I saved my favorite style of the bunch for last.

Quick Reply