Ss Brewing Technologies Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brew Market > Sampling and Critiquing and Beer Swapping > Beerswap: BeeGee's beers

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-05-2006, 02:15 PM   #11
Walker
I use secondaries. :p
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 86 Times on 77 Posts
Likes Given: 11

I sampled a couple of The Baron's beers over at BOSTON's house while brewing Sunday.

Gaelic Ale (clone)
Very, very good. I'll save the long winded description, but for those of you familiar with Highland Brewing Company's Gaelic Ale, BeeGee pretty much nailed it. His clone has a little more (too much?) sweetness, but the underlying flavor was spot on. The color seemed a bit more 'red' than the real-deal, but that might have been the heat playing tricks on me. I'd have to compare them side by side for a real color comparison and a better flavor comparison.

Smoked Amber Ale
I liked this a lot. BeeGee swears that the flavor of the 1/2 oz of peated malt is strong in this brew, but I found it to be a subtle component of the beer. Over all, the beer was "ok", but I would have actually prefered MORE of a peated flavor or a complete removal of it. The peat taste was just enough to tease me.

-walker

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-06-2006, 12:05 AM   #12
Baron von BeeGee
Beer Bully
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 16 Times on 15 Posts

Glad you liked them. Really, they were both recipes I followed, so more of an indication of how well I follow directions

I'll probably try the HG clone again but with a little less crystal. The peated amber just wasn't one of my favorites, but not a bad beer overall (clone of MacTarnahan's amber).

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply