Happy HolidaySs Giveaway - Last Sponsor Giveaway of the Year!

Come Enter the BrewDeals/FastFerment Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brew Market > Sampling and Critiquing and Beer Swapping > Beerswap- Aleholes Ales

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-11-2007, 03:27 AM   #1
Glibbidy
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 12 Times on 11 Posts
Likes Given: 2

Default Beerswap- Aleholes Ales

Mac & Jack's African Amber clone

Pour: Well carbonated, as I poured, it developed a dense rocky head that diminished in volume to nice foam that covered the entire surface until the end. Traces of foam lingered all the way down the glass.

Appearance: Deep Amber color, very clean and clear. Dense rocky head upon the initial pour.

Aroma: It had a fairly malty aroma, very subtle, virtually no hop aroma that I could pick up. all very subtle

Taste: nice full body taste, with some warm tones of ethanol at the end. Very different than the Amber Ales I drink locallly.

Overall: This is a very balanced, quaffable beer. Very light on the hops, but then again the balance of a good malt backbone accentuated with the right hops is what it's all about. Alehole for your first all grain endeavor this beer is first rate!
Excellent job.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-11-2007, 09:25 AM   #2
AleHole
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 5 Times on 1 Posts

Thank's for the nice review. Mac & Jack's is not your typical amber by any means. Its not like an Alaskan Amber or Fat Tire. You can only buy it on tap up here in the NW and is has been one of my favorite beers ever since I moved here a few years ago. This batch is pretty close to the real thing and I did not get as much hop profile as the real deal but I still think it turned out pretty good. Thanks again.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply