Kegconnection Complete Starter Kit and More Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brew Market > Sampling and Critiquing and Beer Swapping > Beer Swap 2007 RichBrewer's Beers

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-14-2007, 03:27 AM   #11
RichBrewer
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 77 Times on 35 Posts
Likes Given: 67

Thank you knipknup again for sampling my beers and for the kind words.

Cheers,
Rich

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-24-2007, 02:04 PM   #12
Sean

Recipes 

Liked 9 Times on 9 Posts
Likes Given: 33

Porter:

Pour: Very little sound when I opened it. Very little head, and it dissipated quickly.

Appearance: Classic porter appearance, dark brown with a bit of amber. Very clean, no floaties.

Aroma: Surprisingly light aroma. Slight smokiness is about it.

Taste: Flavor is caramelized and roasted maltiness, and a bit ashy. It seems a bit under-carbonated. This is a lighter style, clean porter. It has a light mouth feel, and seems dryer than the FG of 1.016 would indicate it should be. It has a very clean finish.

Proximity to Traditional Styles: This is a lighter style porter.

Overall: I think it is well balanced, but it seems to be missing the richness or viscosity that is expected in a porter.

Thanks for letting me taste Richbrewer, sorry it took so long to post a comment. I look forward to reading your comments on this beer.

Old 03-24-2007, 06:32 PM   #13
RichBrewer
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 77 Times on 35 Posts
Likes Given: 67

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sean
Porter:

Pour: Very little sound when I opened it. Very little head, and it dissipated quickly.

Appearance: Classic porter appearance, dark brown with a bit of amber. Very clean, no floaties.

Aroma: Surprisingly light aroma. Slight smokiness is about it.

Taste: Flavor is caramelized and roasted maltiness, and a bit ashy. It seems a bit under-carbonated. This is a lighter style, clean porter. It has a light mouth feel, and seems dryer than the FG of 1.016 would indicate it should be. It has a very clean finish.

Proximity to Traditional Styles: This is a lighter style porter.

Overall: I think it is well balanced, but it seems to be missing the richness or viscosity that is expected in a porter.

Thanks for letting me taste Richbrewer, sorry it took so long to post a comment. I look forward to reading your comments on this beer.
I agree with your assessment of this beer. It is a clean beer but it just doesn't have the maltiness or body I was hoping for. I think the burnt roastiness of the black patent is a tad over done which surprised me. I've put 1/2 pound into porters before and didn't get that much burnt flavor. Don't get me wrong, I finished the keg off last night and enjoyed every drop. It just wasn't what I was shooting for.
Thank you for evaluating my beers. I truly appreciate the feedback.

Cheers,
Rich

Quick Reply