Ss Brewing Technologies Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brew Market > Sampling and Critiquing and Beer Swapping > Anyone in N. VA care to sample my brew and give some feedback/pointers?

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-17-2012, 12:16 AM   #1
KlausDiesel
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Default Anyone in N. VA care to sample my brew and give some feedback/pointers?

I'm a newbie and have made 2 extract brews. My friends and family who have tried it have all said "it's good" but I get the feeling they're just telling me what I want to hear. I would greatly appreciate it if someone with some real brewing chops could sample my beer and give me some un-biased constructive criticism. If you're in the northern Virginia area I can deliver it to you!

I... Drink... Your... MILK STOUT!! I DRINK IT UP!!

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-17-2012, 01:07 AM   #2
tmanzee
Recipes 

Quote:
Originally Posted by KlausDiesel
I'm a newbie and have made 2 extract brews. My friends and family who have tried it have all said "it's good" but I get the feeling they're just telling me what I want to hear. I would greatly appreciate it if someone with some real brewing chops could sample my beer and give me some un-biased constructive criticism. If you're in the northern Virginia area I can deliver it to you!
I had this same problem when I started. It took about 10 brews before I started making excellent beer that was drank faster than I wanted to make it. Best option is to brew another and compare them.

Old 11-17-2012, 11:50 PM   #3
usfmikeb
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 234 Times on 200 Posts
Likes Given: 2

I live in Leesburg, work in Tyson's Corner, more than happy to get together and drink a few beers with you.

Old 11-20-2012, 02:12 PM   #4
dcHokie
HBT_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 240 Times on 184 Posts
Likes Given: 176

Quote:
Originally Posted by KlausDiesel View Post
I'd recommend joining or attending some local homebrew club meetings. You'll get plenty of constructive feedback and be able to compare to your beers to a wide range of other homebrews. Welcome to the hobby/addiction, cheers!

Aging: Sour Solera, Flemish Gold, Repas du Matin Sour Table Beer, Flanders Red, Anejo Rum Sour, Brett Brown, Sour blonde, Funky Barleywine Barrel, Sour Rye Whiskey Barrel
Bottled: Cherry Oud Bruin, Le Batard Solera, Sour Stout, Wild Ale, Brett Belgian Rye Stout, Berliner Weisse, FlandersPale, Brett Old Ale, Funky Fig Saison, Mango BGSA, Rapture RIS, Brett Saison

Old 11-20-2012, 02:50 PM   #5
Soup4you2
Recipes 

Liked 14 Times on 13 Posts
Likes Given: 21

I live in Manassas,

If you are up to it, stop by for an all grain brew day; and bring some of that homebrew with ya

Old 11-20-2012, 02:57 PM   #6
ajdelange
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Recipes 

Liked 589 Times on 487 Posts
Likes Given: 16

http://brew.burp.org/About/JoinBURP.aspx

Old 11-20-2012, 03:03 PM   #7
Sheldon
Recipes 

Liked 42 Times on 35 Posts
Likes Given: 28

Default fellow Woodbridger

I would be happy to sample your home brew if you would sample some of mine. I am in Lake Ridge. PM me and I will give you my phone number and we can arrange a get together.

Sheldon

Old 11-26-2012, 12:39 AM   #8
devildancer
Recipes 

Likes Given: 2

Nope. Absolutely not. But thanks for asking.

Quick Reply