Kegconnection Complete Starter Kit and More Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > Extract Brewing > Yeasty Smell Good Flavor?

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-04-2009, 03:03 PM   #1
cbreger
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Default Yeasty Smell Good Flavor?

I've just started drinking a batch of an IPA kit offered by Williams Brewing. I detect an sour yeasty smell when drinking, it but the taste is fine. It seems to go away by the time i get to the bottom of the glass. It was in the bottle for about 13 days before drinking. Reading other forums seems to suggest giving it another few weeks in the bottle. Any other ideas?

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-04-2009, 03:10 PM   #2
Revvy
Post Hoc Ergo Propter Hoc
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 2710 Times on 1629 Posts
Likes Given: 3484

nope....that's why the stuff about waiting is on here....It's not done by experienced brewers to deprive the new ones of their beer...it's written because it's the truth...It takes time for beer to mellow and be drinkable.

We want you to enjoy your beer when it's at it's prime, and not have you become a beer pedaphile...The opening a beer too soon, drinking it, tasting an off or yeasty flavor, start an "is my beer ruined" thread.

Some more reading for you http://www.homebrewtalk.com/558191-post101.html

oh also don't pour the dregs (the yeast into the glass) Leave it behind...(pour to the shoulder)

But still there will be a remarkable difference in your beer flavor profile, if you wait...

Like my snazzy new avatar? Get Sons of Zymurgy swag, here, and brew with the best.

Revvy's one of the cool reverends. He has a Harley and a t-shirt that says on the back "If you can read this, the bitch was Raptured. - Madman

I gotta tell ya, just between us girls, that Revvy is HOT. Very tall, gorgeous grey hair and a terrific smile. He's very good looking in person, with a charismatic personality... he drives like a ****ing maniac! - YooperBrew

Last edited by Revvy; 01-04-2009 at 03:13 PM.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply