LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-30-2008, 10:30 PM   #1
Blackhawkbrew
HBT_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Likes Given: 2

Default Yeast washing question

I have a Rogue Brutal Bitter that is almost ready to transfer to secondary and I was thinking of trying to wash the yeast (Pacman). I've read over the yeast washing thread and had some questions. I ferment in a bucket and was wondering if I could use a turkey baster to get the yeast out? Or, should I just pour carefully? The same goes for transferring from the larger glass bottle to the masson jars.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-30-2008, 11:41 PM   #2
Rick_R
Still Love Fried Chicken
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Recipes 

Quote:
I ferment in a bucket and was wondering if I could use a turkey baster to get the yeast out?
Have only done this once or twice, but I don't see what not (obligatory sanitation speech); keep in mind, though, the bottom is yeast/trub, so you'll need to go through the "washing" steps. Of course, you could carefully pour as well - that's what I did. I mixed in some bottled water, swirled, then poured.

Quote:
The same goes for transferring from the larger glass bottle to the masson jars.
I think the same thing applies here. I just poured into the Mason jar I used for storing it, but you could turkey-baster it as well.

Rick (see first line of signature)

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply