Ss Brewing Technologies Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > Extract Brewing > Williams Brewing Kits

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-09-2008, 11:03 PM   #11
david_42
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 134 Times on 127 Posts

I've used their kits and pitched without a starter.

Remember one unassailable statistic, as explained by the late, great George Carlin: "Just think of how stupid the average person is, and then realize half of them are even stupider!"

"I would like to die on Mars, just not on impact." Elon Musk

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-10-2008, 12:59 AM   #12
raceskier
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Recipes 

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

The Williams liquid yeasts are just Wyeast smack packs packaged for Williams. If you've used the Wyeast before you can treat the Williams the same.

If you haven't read it before, Mr Malty (AKA Jamil) has a good read on starters.
http://www.mrmalty.com/starter_faq.htm

Yes, you may have made perfectly acceptable beers before, just pitching the smack pack. I have always looked at a starter as an opportunity, to maybe, just maybe, make better beer.

Primary: , Boddington's Clone, Mirror Pond w/Marris Otter
Secondary:
Bottled: Fullers ESB Clone
Kegged: Mirror Pond Clone
Drinking: BM's Kona Fire Rock, Dead Guy Clone, Alaskan Amber Alt Clone, Firestone DBA Clone, Magnum/Crystal IPA
Next up: Burton IPA

Old 09-29-2010, 05:42 PM   #13
dustinolsen
Recipes 

I have used Williams Brewing for a couple years now and I am a huge fan! The beer taste awesome and they do have great customer service. They have my recommendation!

Old 09-29-2010, 06:57 PM   #14
Shooter
Almaigan Brewing Co.
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 231 Times on 179 Posts
Likes Given: 38

Quote:
Originally Posted by dustinolsen View Post
I have used Williams Brewing for a couple years now and I am a huge fan! The beer taste awesome and they do have great customer service. They have my recommendation!
...and thank YOU for reviving this zombie thread. I might never have known how much these people liked Williams Brewing, two years ago, if you hadn't. Cheers to Williams and cheers to you sir!

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience. - C. S. Lewis, English essayist & juvenile novelist (1898 - 1963)

Old 09-30-2010, 03:26 AM   #15
jourelemode
Recipes 

Likes Given: 3

williams is awesome!

Old 09-30-2010, 03:46 AM   #16
musick
Recipes 

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Ive had nothing but positive experiences with Williams.

RE: yeast - I would still make a starter. Regardless of what the manufacturer says (Wyeast, White Labs, etc.) it doesnt work out (cells per ml.) when you do the math.

RE: kits - Never used 'em as buying bulk ME and grains ends up being a much better deal.

Old 05-10-2012, 05:27 PM   #17
Philip_T
Recipes 

CLEAR------"BZAP!"

Bringing this one back from the dead quickly.

Just had to chime in regarding the Amarillo Ale kit the OP mentioned.

I just brewed this one up and cracked the 1st one last night after only 2 1/2 weeks bottle conditioning. Carbed up very nicely with a nice foamy head and was just fantastic. I've only got about 20 batches or so under my belt, but I feel this is definitely worthy of the 'best batch I've ever made' tag. This beer is the perfect summer session beer, light, not too hoppy (is there such a thing?), flowery, juicy, great malt balance....could go on and on about this kit.

I'm not a Williams employee so this isn't just advertising. But every kit I've got from them has been very good. Also tried some AHS and NB kits which were also fantastic, but the Williams have been consistently the best....which partially bothers me because they are so damn simple, I don't feel like I'm really crafting anything other than just boiling water/LME/hops.

So if your looking for an easy summer session beer that's ready in 6 weeks total, I can't recommend this kit enough. I'm ordering two more of them today.

Cheers!
Phil

On Deck Circle: Apricot Ale
Fermenting: Belgian Quad
Fermenting: Amarillo Ale
Bottled: AHS Stone Russian Imperial Stout clone kit

Old 05-13-2012, 02:25 PM   #18
JayberQue
HBT_SUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

I just got two williams kits in the mail and a little dissapointed that they dont include a ingredients list, just some product code stamped on everything. I'd really like to know what i am brewing with. Probably not going with williams kits again

On Tap: English Black IPA, Fresh Wet Hopped Ringwood Ale

Old 05-25-2012, 08:36 AM   #19
rkinslow
Recipes 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Philip_T View Post
CLEAR------"BZAP!"

Bringing this one back from the dead quickly.

Just had to chime in regarding the Amarillo Ale kit the OP mentioned.

I just brewed this one up and cracked the 1st one last night after only 2 1/2 weeks bottle conditioning. Carbed up very nicely with a nice foamy head and was just fantastic. I've only got about 20 batches or so under my belt, but I feel this is definitely worthy of the 'best batch I've ever made' tag. This beer is the perfect summer session beer, light, not too hoppy (is there such a thing?), flowery, juicy, great malt balance....could go on and on about this kit.

I'm not a Williams employee so this isn't just advertising. But every kit I've got from them has been very good. Also tried some AHS and NB kits which were also fantastic, but the Williams have been consistently the best....which partially bothers me because they are so damn simple, I don't feel like I'm really crafting anything other than just boiling water/LME/hops.

So if your looking for an easy summer session beer that's ready in 6 weeks total, I can't recommend this kit enough. I'm ordering two more of them today.

Cheers!
Phil
I've also brewed Williams Amarillo Ale. It was the first beer I kegged. Great recipe, very tasty.

Quick Reply