Happy HolidaySs Giveaway - Winners Re-Re-Re-Re-Drawn - 24 hours to Claim!

Get your HBT Growlers, Shirts and Membership before the Rush!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > Extract Brewing > Who makes the extract for Morebeer ?

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-15-2013, 07:08 PM   #1
BxBrewer
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 57 Times on 41 Posts
Likes Given: 37

Default Who makes the extract for Morebeer ?

Anyone know ? I have used extract/kits from all the big names. Just finninshed off a batch of MB holiday ale. Also have there APA 2 in the fermenter. There is something very diffrent with there extract. I know some will say is about freshness but ive used extract from the quick turn around venders also. The boil,ferment and finnished product has been alot better than ive had. Im somewhere at 20+ batches now.

Whats your take?

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-16-2013, 01:03 PM   #2
mdawson9
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

I was just about to ask this too! Good prices but I didn't see them list who made it. Very curious. Can you elaborate on how it's different?

RIP: British Pale Ale, Hefeweizen, Cream Ale, DIPA, American Brown Ale, Single Hop Nelson Sauvin IPA, NB Winter Warmer, Chimay Blue Clone, Magic Hat #9 clone, Single Hop Cascade IPA, Vanilla Bourbon Porter, SMaSH Cenntenial IPA, German Pils,
Bottled: Beligan Trippel, Imperial IPA
Kegged: American Amber
Fermenting: Belgian Witbier
Lagering:
On Deck: Citra IPA

Old 01-16-2013, 01:36 PM   #3
BxBrewer
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 57 Times on 41 Posts
Likes Given: 37

For me it ferments out cleaner than the Briess and Munttons. Doesnt get the so called extract twang and sweetness. Wondering if its because they use a foil bag and it stays fresher ? Less oxidation ? What ever it is its making a diffrence in my brews !

Old 01-17-2013, 12:46 AM   #4
Jipper
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 45 Times on 40 Posts
Likes Given: 2

Hey BxBrewer,

Good question, and glad you could taste the difference too! We made the change last year, and it's been proving to be a great decision so far. I cannot tell you who makes it, but can tell you that they don't make it for anyone else to our knowledge

Glad you enjoy it - Cheers!

Quick Reply