New Giveaway - Wort Monster Conical Fermenter!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > Extract Brewing > White Flakes Floating in my secondary

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-04-2010, 12:03 PM   #11
jkezar
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Nurmey: It was in the primary for 1.5 weeks and has been in the secondary for 3 weeks as of today.

This morning when I peaked beneath it's light shield(shirt) I was pleased to see that all of the floating yeast chunkies has all gone away. Thanks everyone for their assistance. From now on I know what yeast rafts look like and know not to freak out.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-04-2010, 12:10 PM   #12
CrookedTail
HBT_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 27 Times on 20 Posts

I started a thread on this a few weeks ago. I had the exact same thing in batch I was fermenting in my secondary. Those flakes are nothing.

I kegged the batch and have been drinking it the past two weeks. It's one of (if not THE) best beer I've ever brewed. Great taste and CLEAR. It resembles a pilsner.

You have nothing to worry about.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply