Happy HolidaySs Giveaway - Winners Re-Re-Re-Re-Drawn - 24 hours to Claim!

Get your HBT Growlers, Shirts and Membership before the Rush!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > Extract Brewing > Where should I order a recipe kit online? & DME vs LME?

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-05-2008, 11:50 PM   #21
surfingpl
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

I ordered two kits from MoreBeer today - an IPA (at $34.95 this seemed like a good deal considering it comes with 6oz hops) and a heffe. Shipping was free since my order was over $59.00. For the IPA I got a dry yeast, and I will buy the White Labs Liquid Heffe yeast at my LHBS. BTW, I met Chris White at my LHBS on Sunday, he was a real nice guy and of course has a wealth of information.

I plan to order a kit from AHS also - maybe tomorrow. I will post about my MoreBeer kit when it gets here.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-06-2008, 01:16 AM   #22
ArcaneXor
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 91 Times on 84 Posts
Likes Given: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by YooperBrew
Well, austinhomebrew has $6.99 shipping flat rate, so that's a great deal. It's not limited, either- I buy grain, carboys, wine kits, etc.

Northernbrewer.com has $7.99 shipping, but some things (like sacks of grain, carboys, etc) are excluded. A great deal, I think, for both.

I wanted to order a discounted wine kit at Midwest the other day, but shipping for the one wine kit was $14.99 so I didn't order anything after all.
Midwest has lower base prices for many items, though - often when I compare between online stores, Midwest wins despite the much higher shipping cost.
Kegged: Porter, Scottish 80, Pils, Orange Blossom Mead

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply