The Great Bottle Opener Giveaway

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > Extract Brewing > Well shoot, I can't receive liquid extract

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-13-2010, 02:22 AM   #11
Austinhomebrew
Vendor
HBT_SPONSOR.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 107 Times on 87 Posts
Likes Given: 90

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brewham View Post
Call or contact AHS and tell them your plight. I am sure they can reformulate the recipe with DME.
Yes, do that.
Hannable1975 Likes This 
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-13-2010, 02:24 AM   #12
Shooter
Almaigan Brewing Co.
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 230 Times on 178 Posts
Likes Given: 38

Quote:
Originally Posted by Austinhomebrew View Post
Yes, do that.
Austin Homebrew Supply, to the rescue!!

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience. - C. S. Lewis, English essayist & juvenile novelist (1898 - 1963)

Old 09-13-2010, 02:25 AM   #13
Austinhomebrew
Vendor
HBT_SPONSOR.png

Recipes 

Liked 107 Times on 87 Posts
Likes Given: 90

Give us the chance to make up the $50 in UPS charges we lost sending the boxes to your embassy only for them to be returned to us. We also had to throw away most of the ingredients.

Thanks
Forrest

Old 09-13-2010, 05:57 PM   #14
Brewer_Bob
Recipes 

Liked 5 Times on 5 Posts
Likes Given: 4

Thanks for all the advice guys, I am feeling better already.

Old 09-13-2010, 06:12 PM   #15
Brewer_Bob
Recipes 

Liked 5 Times on 5 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Austinhomebrew View Post
Give us the chance to make up the $50 in UPS charges we lost sending the boxes to your embassy only for them to be returned to us. We also had to throw away most of the ingredients.

Thanks
Forrest
OK, that is pretty cool that you post here. I want to send a HUGE kudos to Austin Home Brew Supply. I ordered a bunch of stuff from them all at the time. I didn't realize at the time that the rules for shipping things via diplomatic pouch had changed. You can't ship liquid, glass, or bulk shipments. My order broke all three of those rules. Fortunately some of the stuff did make it through, but a good number of things were rejected. AHS would have been well within its right to put the blame on me and not offer any refund. After all, the blame WAS on me. But they did refund me for the equipment that was returned to them.

Thank you AHS. You have earned my loyalty. I will continue to buy all my equipment from you (don't worry, any future orders will be compliant with the rules) and if you can formulate DME mixes for me then you will be the one I go to for that as well. There are several people at the embassy who are interested in taking up the hobby as well. I will be sending them your way.

Old 09-14-2010, 12:52 AM   #16
Hannable1975
Recipes 

Liked 11 Times on 11 Posts
Likes Given: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brewer_Bob View Post
OK, that is pretty cool that you post here. I want to send a HUGE kudos to Austin Home Brew Supply. I ordered a bunch of stuff from them all at the time. I didn't realize at the time that the rules for shipping things via diplomatic pouch had changed. You can't ship liquid, glass, or bulk shipments. My order broke all three of those rules. Fortunately some of the stuff did make it through, but a good number of things were rejected. AHS would have been well within its right to put the blame on me and not offer any refund. After all, the blame WAS on me. But they did refund me for the equipment that was returned to them.

Thank you AHS. You have earned my loyalty. I will continue to buy all my equipment from you (don't worry, any future orders will be compliant with the rules) and if you can formulate DME mixes for me then you will be the one I go to for that as well. There are several people at the embassy who are interested in taking up the hobby as well. I will be sending them your way.
AHS - you just earned me as a customer. That is amazing in these economic times - gonna go place an order right now!

**EDIT** About an hour later, and I did order ( SWMBO might scream - Yeah, I had to get the free shipping ). Nice site. Nice layout. LOT of choices.

Old 09-18-2010, 01:49 AM   #17
Hannable1975
Recipes 

Liked 11 Times on 11 Posts
Likes Given: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hannable1975 View Post
AHS - you just earned me as a customer. That is amazing in these economic times - gonna go place an order right now!

**EDIT** About an hour later, and I did order ( SWMBO might scream - Yeah, I had to get the free shipping ). Nice site. Nice layout. LOT of choices.
Just wanted to add this here - since this thread is what made me decide to give Austin Homebrew a shot - got my package today - and everything looks great! I am super psyched about brewing tomorrow!

You guys ( AHS ) showed me in this thread you do good business, you showed me in the package today you do "clean" business and have good product - Have a feeling I'm gonna be sending as much business your way as I can muster and spread the word about.

To the OP - Did you get any supply yet? Good luck!

Old 09-18-2010, 01:56 AM   #18
weirdboy
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 424 Times on 345 Posts
Likes Given: 58

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sean View Post
Dude, you're brewing beer in Libya! You are gonna be a popular guy! Luck!
Well if he's doing it at the embassy, technically it's US soil.

DME and some pre-crushed specialty malts should be a good substitute for the premade LME kits.

Old 09-18-2010, 09:50 PM   #19
Brewer_Bob
Recipes 

Liked 5 Times on 5 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hannable1975 View Post
To the OP - Did you get any supply yet? Good luck!
I had ordered three clone recipes but they only allowed enough stuff through to do a Stone Pale Ale clone. I brewed it yesterday and all is going well so far. I am trying to decide what I will order next. Probably an Arrogant Bastard clone...DME of course.

Quick Reply